JBJ 45 Chaeto in chamber question

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI I have a question. Anyone with a jbj 45 using a chamber with chaeto? i was thinking bout 2nd chamber from left turning that into chaeto with a light but will there be a lot of algae grow in that chamber with the light and all?

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI I have a question. Anyone with a jbj 45 using a chamber with chaeto? i was thinking bout 2nd chamber from left turning that into chaeto with a light but will there be a lot of algae grow in that chamber with the light and all?

No not really. It should works. I did that with the chamber on the right side. I had a refugium basket to contain things in it.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you did not get any algae issues in that chamber? i was thinking running a santa monica drop 6. nore sure anymore

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine Depot has a video out on the JBJ and using which for what I think they used the outside ones because the outside ones flows down and then into the second chamber where the second goes up and into the middle ( return) chamber you may also want to get a intank baskets which are larger and hold more

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you did not get any algae issues in that chamber? i was thinking running a santa monica drop 6. nore sure anymore

I ran in the 2nd chamber. No algae issues. Ran lights opposite to the main tank. Like I said, I recommend using a refugium basket so you can contain everything in it

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I ran in the 2nd chamber. No algae issues. Ran lights opposite to the main tank. Like I said, I recommend using a refugium basket so you can contain everything in it
I never ran anything in mind as I went to a overflow and sump in my stand. I just remember Marine Depot putting theirs in the outer basket that’s all

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 45 Flat Panel. I run Chaetomorpha in the second chamber in an InTank Fuge Basket. My Chaeto grows slowly, but is solid. I had green film algae along the acrylic and glass at first. I would just clean it off and eventually it stopped. Lately though. Cyanobacteria is growing around the Chaeto. My guess is my lights are a little too high back there and the flow is too low. No room for a pump there, but I have considered adding an air stone to get some water movement. The Cyano is easy to remove. Neither algae spread to the display. Overall it works well if I keep up regular maintenance with the cleaning of the basket.

This is the light I use. It can run one, two or three of the lights at 8 levels of intensity. I run all three at about 60%.

LED Grow Light 3-Head Timing Lamp... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3NQNY8?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 45 Flat Panel. I run Chaetomorpha in the second chamber in an InTank Fuge Basket. My Chaeto grows slowly, but is solid. I had green film algae along the acrylic and glass at first. I would just clean it off and eventually it stopped. Lately though. Cyanobacteria is growing around the Chaeto. My guess is my lights are a little too high back there and the flow is too low. No room for a pump there, but I have considered adding an air stone to get some water movement. The Cyano is easy to remove. Neither algae spread to the display. Overall it works well if I keep up regular maintenance with the cleaning of the basket.

This is the light I use. It can run one, two or three of the lights at 8 levels of intensity. I run all three at about 60%.

LED Grow Light 3-Head Timing Lamp... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3NQNY8?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

yea this is exactly what i dont need more work lol... the area where my tank will be in has a wall and i can't easily get to the sides of the tank making it super hard to do maintenance. At this point i think santa monica will be cleanest choice, not my favorite choice but cleanest..do you guys think santa monica will produce enough algae growth to make a difference?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read good things about those scrubbers, but never used them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back