JBJ auto top off. Pump question

Fighter_of_Foo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump would you recommend for the JBJ auto top off. I’ve go about a 3 foot separation tank from top off tank.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with either brs 50ml, Innovative marine hydrofil or avast marine.
I've used all three and are all great, I have a jbj on my QT tank and use the avast currently.

I like peristaltic pumps.

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a Tom's Aqualifter user for my ATO.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always resort back to this guy as they last longer it seems. Keeping one around for years.

And the great thing about Tom's is that they sell a rebuild kit for a couple bucks. Takes less than 30 minutes to install, and that includes stopping to have a beer half way through. If your a Tom's user, highly recommend this little kit....have it on hand, ready to go. I'd say my Tom's last 8 years before I had to rebuild.

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old thread but I have a question. Is there a foot valve that can be use with the aqua lifter ? My unit drains back to the water container and the aqua lifter has to pull it all the way back to the pump before it discharges into the AIO rear chamber. It ends up timing out before the top off is complete. I already dialed the JBJ ATO controller to max pump time.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old thread but I have a question. Is there a foot valve that can be use with the aqua lifter ? My unit drains back to the water container and the aqua lifter has to pull it all the way back to the pump before it discharges into the AIO rear chamber. It ends up timing out before the top off is complete. I already dialed the JBJ ATO controller to max pump time.

You can use a plastic valve on the end of the pipe in the reservoir, one normally meant for air pumps. Just don't use it with kalkwasser or it will gum up.

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do use kalkwasser so I’ll need another type of foot valve.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Use a stronger pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back