JBJ RL 20 Aquascape Feedback

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need feedback on my JBJ RL 20 Aquascape. Tank is around 3.5 months old.
I like it and so do the inhabitants (so far tail spot blenny, cleaner shrimp, CUC).
I have 4 zoas (zoa garden?) and a birdsnest so far sitting on the rack until i figure out where to place them and a GSP growing on the back wall. I'm having a hard time envisioning my current scape covered in coral and that there may be a better alternative scape. I'm open to a rescape and/or adding more rock. Not in a rush to cover my aquascape in corals but I would also like some input on what future corals I should add over time and where. Any other general suggestions are welcome! thanks in advance!

Picture #1: I've circled the 7 pieces of rock that make up my scape
Picture #2: Low lit and I assume low flow area/rock. What coral can I put here?
Picture #3: Overall aquascape.

IMG_4912.jpg IMG_4914.jpg IMG_D975586E2145-1.jpeg

Last edited:

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. Keep in mind it needs to provide hiding spots and protection for your fish , not just a platform for coral. Most of the really cool nsa scapes aren’t that great for fish.

Jatchetto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg i love the scape i have the same tank i think your scape came out alot better than mine i went for like a floating main rock im having trouble with my coral placements but your looks like it will have plenty of surface area

Attachments

• 61C6970D-C2FD-4B4C-BD22-2DCE347B0E76.jpeg
    61C6970D-C2FD-4B4C-BD22-2DCE347B0E76.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 35

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the scape. In a larger tank that cave would be awesome for a larger fish to hang out. Like you tho I'm not sure what coral will thrive there. Hopefully someone will chime in. My eyes are drawn to that spot so something has to go there ;)

OP
OP
D

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg i love the scape i have the same tank i think your scape came out alot better than mine i went for like a floating main rock im having trouble with my coral placements but your looks like it will have plenty of surface area
oh cool, 20g jbj? i just glued some of the coral to the rock that were sitting on the frag racks and the scape is growing on me. I like your floating main rock! maybe you can add smaller rocks around the main rock over time to give you more room for coral placement.

OP
OP
D

dannyboy92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the scape. In a larger tank that cave would be awesome for a larger fish to hang out. Like you tho I'm not sure what coral will thrive there. Hopefully someone will chime in. My eyes are drawn to that spot so something has to go there ;)
Right! i did some research and it seems like NPS (non photosynthetic) corals can thrive in that cave but learned you have to spot feed them multiple times a day. don't really think that will work out for me. i'm just going to leave it alone for now until i can figure out an alternative other than nps.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back