JBJ vs Biocube

JakeSpeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm upgrading my BioCube 29 to a JBJ 45RL in the next few weeks and will be selling my Coralife BioCube 29, Coralife stand, extra lid canopy with new unused bulbs, AquaticLife 115 protein skimmer , the BioCube 29 is 1 year old and is an awesome tank. If you're in the NY area and would like more info about it let me know. I'd like to get $400 for everything.

ArtsyFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am looking to set up a small "all in one" reef set up. I have no experience with a salt water tank, however I was very successful with a 55 gallon fresh water tank many years ago.

I have spent the last month doing a lot of research regarding small tanks 13-30 gallons.

The ones I have looked at are the Fluval Evo 13.5, the Coralife Bio cubes, JBJ Biocubes and the Red Sea Max nano 20 gallon.

The Red Sea gets the best reviews but is it a lot of $$$ compared to the others.

With the others it appears that in almost every case, the owners of these various tanks have made some modifications and or had leaking issues, or tanks falling apart.

Recently a dealer of the Red Sea discouraged me from buying the 20 gallon Max nano siting that for less money as someone new to marine aquariums, that I should go for a Bio cube.

In reading many reviews by owners of both JBJ and Coralife, there were instances where the glass cracked or the tank badly leaked or exploded.

Any of you that have either of these tanks now for several years with success and no issues I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you.

Tony

ArtsyFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am looking to set up a small "all in one" reef set up. I have no experience with a salt water tank, however I was very successful with a 55 gallon fresh water tank many years ago.

I have spent the last month doing a lot of research regarding small tanks 13-30 gallons.

The ones I have looked at are the Fluval Evo 13.5, the Coralife Bio cubes, JBJ Biocubes and the Red Sea Max nano 20 gallon.

The Red Sea gets the best reviews but is it a lot of $$$ compared to the others.

With the others it appears that in almost every case, the owners of these various tanks have made some modifications and or had leaking issues, or tanks falling apart.

Recently a dealer of the Red Sea discouraged me from buying the 20 gallon Max nano siting that for less money as someone new to marine aquariums, that I should go for a Bio cube.

In reading many reviews by owners of both JBJ and Coralife, there were instances where the glass cracked or the tank badly leaked or exploded.

Any of you that have either of these tanks now for several years with success and no issues I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you.

Tony

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back