JBJ Wifi 28g Nano Cube Skimmer Recommendations

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searched thru threads without finding anything current. Need a skimmer that's quiet as possible, kicks booty and can fit inside back chamber ( preferably) OR hang on side. Tank too close to wall for hob.

JBJ Wifi 28g Nano- Cube

Tried calling JBJ several times, always goes to vmail unfortunately! TIA :)

dross9615

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corallife biocube protein skimmer v2 should fit only problem is I believe you will have to remove the media basket. Might fit in the return chamber side but I doubt it. I havent set mine up yet though.

OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corallife biocube protein skimmer v2 should fit only problem is I believe you will have to remove the media basket. Might fit in the return chamber side but I doubt it. I havent set mine up yet though.
Thank you! I'll check it out

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'll check it out
I know this is kinda old, but I have the JBJ wifi Nanocube, and I’ve tried several different nanoskimmers, and hands down the best is easily the Aquamaxx NF-1. First of all, it fits in the nanocube’s narrower chambers (middle chamber), but it’s silent, no micro bubbles, is easy to adjust/dial in, and produces a lot of skimmate. It can be a little tricky to find at msrp, but it’s well worth the extra $20 most resellers are charging on top of msrp.

OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is kinda old, but I have the JBJ wifi Nanocube, and I’ve tried several different nanoskimmers, and hands down the best is easily the Aquamaxx NF-1. First of all, it fits in the nanocube’s narrower chambers (middle chamber), but it’s silent, no micro bubbles, is easy to adjust/dial in, and produces a lot of skimmate. It can be a little tricky to find at msrp, but it’s well worth the extra $20 most resellers are charging on top of msrp.
Thank you heaps!!!!!!! Do you have a pic of how you have it on your DT?

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it’s in the middle back chamber, and I keep it higher above the water line than is recommended, but I haven’t noticed any difference in performance. Since the media rack is removed to fit the skimmer, I’ve got filter floss in chambers 2 and 4, with a heater in 2 and carbon and purigen in 4. I’ve taken the lid off and changed the lighting to an AI prime since this pic was taken.

Attachments

• 07D94BD6-6B8E-456B-BCF0-812832985919.jpeg
    07D94BD6-6B8E-456B-BCF0-812832985919.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it’s in the middle back chamber, and I keep it higher above the water line than is recommended, but I haven’t noticed any difference in performance. Since the media rack is removed to fit the skimmer, I’ve got filter floss in chambers 2 and 4, with a heater in 2 and carbon and purigen in 4. I’ve taken the lid off and changed the lighting to an AI prime since this pic was taken.
Thanks so so much!!!!!

lindseyrosie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read the AquaMaxx 1.5 HOB Protein Skimmer is a good option. I was trying to find one a little less pricey...so I got the icekap 100 I think? It BARELY didnt fit, so I am making a DIY nano sump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back