OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that once with a screw. I went to the auto parts store and got magnetic pick up tool. It was cheap, didn't care if it rusted afterwards.

Tank looks awesome.

That is what I originally tried. I put a bunch of magnets in a bag and string and lowered it through the back of the tank. I could not get it at all. After 20 minutes of frustration I decided to test another washer and of course, it wasnt magnetic. SMH :D

That's when I had no choice but to dismantle my rockwork. Lesson learned on that one.

Thank you! Loving the T5's so far.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201101_130645.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5's have been one of the best things I have added/changed on my tank. My corals are responding very well with major color improvements and noticeable growth every day!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. Nice picture.. Are you just using your cell phone for your pictures?

Thank you! No, I only use my phone for full tank shots. I use an Olympus TG-6 for macro shots. I really like it for the price. It's waterproof, shoots in Raw, and allows me to get up close for macro's.

These recent ones were taken outside the tank on macro. In the water and up close they are better quality.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5's have been one of the best things I have added/changed on my tank. My corals are responding very well with major color improvements and noticeable growth every day!

We've all seen people run awesome tanks with LED, but for my tank, switching to T5 was the single best thing I did. My DOS went from 75ml per day to 125ml of each part. This was over a span of about 4-5 months IIRC.

While I miss the pop and shimmer from LED, my sticks did not miss anything about LED.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've all seen people run awesome tanks with LED, but for my tank, switching to T5 was the single best thing I did. My DOS went from 75ml per day to 125ml of each part. This was over a span of about 4-5 months IIRC.

While I miss the pop and shimmer from LED, my sticks did not miss anything about LED.
If I could hang from the ceiling I would be right there with you!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same here. I am now at around 100ml of 2-part daily. Was around 50ml a couple of weeks ago before the switch. I am a believer now! I put the Aquatic Life hybrid up over my frag tank with blackboxes supplementing blues at 5% just for the added POP. Running 2 Blue+/Coral+ and I am noticing colors on pieces that were never there before. Also, most pieces are encrusting daily.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trident/DOS combo has kept my ALK very stable. Check out these numbers for a week. I like to keep my ALK around 8dKh. I will take an average of 7.99 any day.

1604946389303.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back