OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! I’m a big fan of t5 and have run them for the last eight years. Your colors are looking awesome.

Thank you! Yes, I am sold. I don't see myself ever switching just from the results over the last couple weeks. Everything has colored up and the T5s seems to have sparked a growth spurt.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yes, I am sold. I don't see myself ever switching just from the results over the last couple weeks. Everything has colored up and the T5s seems to have sparked a growth spurt.
I am sure you covered this already, but did you hang some Reefbrite strips on the side of your T5 fixture?

My sticks clearly love my T5 (ATI 8X80), but I honestly miss some of the shimmer and pop. Kinda wishing I had gotten the 6 bulb and added the LED strips.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure you covered this already, but did you hang some Reefbrite strips on the side of your T5 fixture?

My sticks clearly love my T5 (ATI 8X80), but I honestly miss some of the shimmer and pop. Kinda wishing I had gotten the 6 bulb and added the LED strips.

No. That is my next addition. Right now it is just 6x80W ATI bulbs. 3xBlue+ and 3xCoral+. I am looking to add some ReefBrites or ReefBreeder strips for some pop. I am happy right now either way though. Everything is looking good.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, stunning tank.
Fully agree, I would never run a tank without T5’s being a part of the lighting.
Im very happy with the orphek led bars by the way...and I even think there’s a sale going on right now.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, stunning tank.
Fully agree, I would never run a tank without T5’s being a part of the lighting.
Im very happy with the orphek led bars by the way...and I even think there’s a sale going on right now.

Thank you!! I will have to check out the orphek bars. I have heard good things about them. Did you buy them direct? I noticed Marine Depot and BRS do not carry them.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I will have to check out the orphek bars. I have heard good things about them. Did you buy them direct? I noticed Marine Depot and BRS do not carry them.
Yeah, I bought them directly from Orphek. They were about 260$ locally here in Sweden vs 190$ a pop including shipping from orphek.
Something to take in to consideration is that if you are going with orphek they can customize the spectrum of the bars for like 10$ extra or something.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I bought them directly from Orphek. They were about 260$ locally here in Sweden vs 190$ a pop including shipping from orphek.
Something to take in to consideration is that if you are going with orphek they can customize the spectrum of the bars for like 10$ extra or something.
Very cool! I will definitely check them out when it comes time. On my list along with ReefBreeders. Thanks again!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some more pieces to my collection last week thanks again to @BCSreef! Everything is looking great! Bob is a stand up guy and his corals are very impressive. Recommend everyone to not hesitate ordering from him!

Palmers Blue Milli
TGC Orange Creamsicle
Pink Floyd
Vivid's Confetti
Princess Disastah Ganulosa
JKR Rainbow
JF Shock Tart
ORA Pearlberry

20201119_195141.jpg
20201119_195138.jpg
20201119_195133.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeling a little bummed with the tank over the last couple of weeks. I dosed Vibrant for two months and I feel it really disrupted the algae within my system and corals.

Lesson learned. I need to get back to the all natural roots. I used Vibrant for the bubble algae and guess what??? Bubble algae cleared and is now back with a vengeance......smh.

I added Chaeto back to my refugium last week for export and I have a CUC coming tomorrow from Reeftopia. Part of the crew are 24 Emerald crabs. Hopefully, they will make short time of the bubble algae.

Blues kicked on this morning and I could see some color coming back so decided to snap a FTS. Hopefully things come back around soon.

20201215_111713.jpg

Last edited:

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it! Definitely sounds like a lot at one time good luck with the recovery!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it! Definitely sounds like a lot at one time good luck with the recovery!

Thanks. I think the damage has been done and everything else is on recovery mode. Getting good PE and color is coming back. Hopefully everything turns around within a month or so.

Lesson learned.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah dang, I have bubble algae and hair, but so long as the corals look ok, I live with it. I usually do manual removal, post water changes, every 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully one day, the corals will starve it out. All the best, hope for a speedy recovery!
Cheers

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah dang, I have bubble algae and hair, but so long as the corals look ok, I live with it. I usually do manual removal, post water changes, every 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully one day, the corals will starve it out. All the best, hope for a speedy recovery!
Cheers

Thanks Perry. I can live with any algae but for some reason, bubble algae gets under my skin and it makes me want to go scorched earth on the tank. I have used Emeralds before and I have a fox face. None of them touched the stuff. I am throwing 24 of them in tomorrow from Reeftopia and they claim theirs go after bubble algae so we will see. If 24 of them do not touch the stuff then I don't know what I can do next for it.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recieved my CUC today from Reeftopia. First time ordering from them and had a good experience. Great pricing, free shipping, and some freebies if your order is over $150.

Ordered 1 pincushion, 100 ceriths, 100 asterinas, 50 golden asterinas, 24 emerald crabs, and 2 peppermints.

Everything was a good size and all were alive. Highly recommend them.

While getting them situated I took a couple cell phone pictures on the fly. I love overtop views.

20201216_210545.jpg
20201216_210844.jpg
20201216_210948.jpg
20201216_211142.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone! My wife surprised me with some canvasses for my fish room. She went on my computer and picked out a couple of my pictures. She is awesome! I think they turned out great.

20201225_081524.jpg

Back