JCOLE's ACRO Dominant Build

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone! My wife surprised me with some canvasses for my fish room. She went on my computer and picked out a couple of my pictures. She is awesome! I think they turned out great.

20201225_081524.jpg

Very cool!
Merry Christmas :)

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look great! Merry Christmas!

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think the damage has been done and everything else is on recovery mode. Getting good PE and color is coming back. Hopefully everything turns around within a month or so.

Lesson learned.
With time and keeping everything balanced, it will recover. I dosed Reef Flux a couple months ago and while everything looked fine during the treatment, my JF Fox Flame got annoyed near the end (I only ran it for 14 days). It's now completely uglified and browned out! The good news is all my other acros look great and never skipped a beat. Everything recovers, it just takes time.

Merry Christmas Josh!

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, she picked out some really good ones. Looking forward to some fish room pics. Merry Christmas

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With time and keeping everything balanced, it will recover. I dosed Reef Flux a couple months ago and while everything looked fine during the treatment, my JF Fox Flame got annoyed near the end (I only ran it for 14 days). It's now completely uglified and browned out! The good news is all my other acros look great and never skipped a beat. Everything recovers, it just takes time.

Merry Christmas Josh!

Thanks Mike you too!

Yeah my Fox Flame is disgusting. Same as yours. Browned out and lost all of the yellow tips. If it doesn't turn around in a month or so then I am going to replace it.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though the tank has its problems right now there are a couple pieces with some killer polyp extension. I am a sucker for PE. Love some shaggy Acro's. Took a quick video of the shaggiest pieces in my tank.

Disregard the bubble algae and dying Acro's.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a little while since I updated the thread. For the last 2 months, I have been dealing with issues that have caused a crash resulting in losing half of my pieces.

Full tank shot before removal of pieces

20201101_130645.jpg

After removing dead pieces

20210118_110249.jpg

The damage

20210122_001551.jpg

I think what happened is I nuked the bacteria and biological system in place and bottomed out nutrients.

The good news is that the other pieces are looking ok. I am getting good growth and color daily. A system back on track coupled with some very generous and AWESOME fellow hobbyists has given me an opportunity to replenish the tank with new corals and get back to the swing very quickly.

Last edited:

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it's turning around for you! I know it sucks when the dominos start to fall with acros.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it's turning around for you! I know it sucks when the dominos start to fall with acros.

Thank you! Yes it does! Lesson learned though. I am staying away from Vibrant and other chemicals and just sticking to all naturals methods of export and manual removal. Also going to make it a routine to send out an ICP at least every quarter.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Shades of Fall - Not the best looking piece. You can see the tips where they started to peel and the piece did lose all its color. I thought I was going to lose this one. However, you can see the tips are healing, its color is coming back, and now it is showing signs of growth where its encrusting. Have had this piece for a over a year and finally it is showing signs of growth. It must love the new lights!

P2020352.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Firecracker Table - You can see where the base receded. It stopped receding and is starting to recover. Reds are getting deeper and starting to get the blue tips. Looking forward to this one.

P2020376.jpg

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Glad things are turning around for you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back