OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone sees this then can you help a brother out? I was picked as a finalist in the Jan Macro Shot contest and I could use the votes. I am picture #20 and would appreciate the like. That is only if you think it is worth a like that is. :D Appreciate it if so. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a crazy ride the last couple months. I’m glad you turned it around. Great looking tank. I run all Blue plus, as to try to limit gha. I’m not sure it works. Lol

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a crazy ride the last couple months. I’m glad you turned it around. Great looking tank. I run all Blue plus, as to try to limit gha. I’m not sure it works. Lol

Thank you! Yes it has been a crazy ride and hopefully it is making a turn for the better. Still see some pieces that I feel will RTN soon based on appearance but I am not giving up hope just yet.

I am loving the T5's and the Blue+ is an awesome bulb!

martinphillip03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I noticed you're in Waxhaw. I am in Concord near the mall. Let me know if you ever want to trade frags, etc.
I am just starting, I haven't even bought a tank yet. But my OCD makes me research everything before I start. Plus I have to save up. My first saltwater tank was a disaster. Hoping the second won't be. Love your automation, love everything about your tank. would love to see your tank one day.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has gone through a lot over the last couple of months. Had a crash, lost a bunch of pieces, remaining pieces lost color, most still have necrosis at the their base. However, I can 99% say that I feel it is over the hump. Tank is starting to come around and color up. Dosing nutrients and aminos and Alk demand has increased. Starting to feel good about the tank again.

Late night feeding and FTS
20210306_231103.jpg

Last edited:

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got through the rough phase, hopefully a well learned experience that will help guide future success. Looking forward to seeing your tank blossom :) Corals are looking good man!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got through the rough phase, hopefully a well learned experience that will help guide future success. Looking forward to seeing your tank blossom :) Corals are looking good man!

Thanks Perry! Yes, I learned a lesson alright. Just leave the tank alone and everything else will work itself out. :D Just going to continue dosing nutrients(if needed) and aminos/vitamins. Hopefully soon I will have colonies for days!

Zoom In Coral Reef GIF by Justin

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only non Acro in the tank. I tried removing it and only left a small piece behind a year ago. It starting growing again a couple of months ago and I can see it getting bigger every day now. I cant being myself to remove it now. It has the will to survive.

Also that's not a frag I purposely took in the middle. This weekend I was doing some maintenance in the tank. The tongs slipped out of my hands and torpedoed down on the Stylo. It's used to this though and will bounce back nicely. :)

IMG_4554.jpg

Last edited:

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only non Acro in the tank. I tried removing it and only left a small piece behind a year ago. It starting growing again a couple of months ago and I can see it getting bigger every day now. I cant being myself to remove it now. It has the will to survive.

Also that's not a frag a purposely took in the middle. This weekend I was doing some maintenance in the tank. The tongs slipped out of my hands and torpedoed down on the Stylo. It's used to this though and will bounce back nicely. :)

IMG_4554.jpg
I like it I think stylos bring a nice balance to an acro tank.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it I think stylos bring a nice balance to an acro tank.

I really do like it. I only removed it the first time because it lost its color from my first time using Vibrant. I left behind a tiny polyp and a year later it started growing into this. Only issue is they are pretty aggressive and I will probably run into some issues when it gets bigger and competing for space.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do like it. I only removed it the first time because it lost its color from my first time using Vibrant. I left behind a tiny polyp and a year later it started growing into this. Only issue is they are pretty aggressive and I will probably run into some issues when it gets bigger and competing for space.
You're right. Those guys can lay down a lot of bone in no time. My purple went from a stick to a softball in less than 2 years. I fragged it into 50 pieces. Fortunately my LFS moves a piece a week for me as solid starter SPS. Wish he could move some of my Bali green slimer that quick. Still have pounds of that stacked up in the frag system.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right. Those guys can lay down a lot of bone in no time. My purple went from a stick to a softball in less than 2 years. I fragged it into 50 pieces. Fortunately my LFS moves a piece a week for me as solid starter SPS. Wish he could move some of my Bali green slimer that quick. Still have pounds of that stacked up in the frag system.

I am going to have a basketball sized colony within a year the way this one is going. I swear it gets bigger everyday. You're right though. I feel one day it will be making a trip to the LFS.

What's funny is I have over 20 frags of Green Slimer that I am trading into the LFS next week. Who needs bitcoin when we have Slimer for days! :D

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to have a basketball sized colony within a year the way this one is going. I swear it gets bigger everyday. You're right though. I feel one day it will be making a trip to the LFS.

What's funny is I have over 20 frags of Green Slimer that I am trading into the LFS next week. Who needs bitcoin when we have Slimer for days! :D
I am fortunate to have some good relationships with two LFS and regularly supply them with some of the basic stuff, plus some classic SPS. It is just for store credit, and they take 2/3rds of the retail price and I am fine with that. Brick and mortar LFS is a tough space with rents like they are around here.

I find them more receptive when I pack up 1-2 each of several different corals. So a dozen pieces of 5 corals.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see the pink tips that are finally poking through and I agree with @Perry, she is about to go Bonkers!

IMG_4637.jpg

Back