ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivid's Confetti - Starting to grow

VIVIDS CONFETTI.jpg
I am calling dibs on that nub at 10 o'clock. When it hits the 1" mark, ship her to me!

Looking real good.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are starting to look great again. You are getting some amazing PE! What's your secret?

Thank you! I think it helps when I recieve really healthy corals. Thanks to you I have some great corals growing again!! Honestly, I really don't know. Always have had some good PE. Could be the lighting, could be the massive amount of Chaeto, could be the Seachem 2 part with added vitamins, could be that I am not running the skimmer anymore except for a day or so a week, etc. Really cannot pin point it. Just trying to not make any changes for awhile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am calling dibs on that nub at 10 o'clock. When it hits the 1" mark, ship her to me!

Looking real good.

Haha. Figures, I just start to see my little babies and you want to steal them away. :D

Honestly though if you want a piece then it's yours when it is ready to frag.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Bonfire Table - This side doesn't show it's true colors. Top down is where it's at. Need to shoot another top down shot of this one. This side does show off it's neon tips though.

BC BONFIRE-1.jpg
BC BONFIRE 2.jpg
BC BONFIRE 3.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Bonfire Table - This side doesn't show it's true colors. Top down is where it's at. Need to shoot another top down shot of this one. This side does show off it's neon tips though.

BC BONFIRE-1.jpg
BC BONFIRE 2.jpg
BC BONFIRE 3.jpg
NICE!

I am in the BC Bonfire growout contest organized by @BranchingHammer slinging trash talk as often as possible.

I might need to "borrow" your colony at some point of the contest. Really brush them off the plate with a post that is high and inside.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE!

I am in the BC Bonfire growout contest organized by @BranchingHammer slinging trash talk as often as possible.

I might need to "borrow" your colony at some point of the contest. Really brush them off the plate with a post that is high and inside.

LOL. How's your doing so far?

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really good month with that thing. Here was my April to May comparison photo and trash talk.

Dang! Brought out the digital Calipers for this one! LOL the trash talking is awesome! Too bad I already had this piece otherwise I would have loved to have got in on this grow out. Yours is looking good and if it continues then it will be a major contender.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful photos!!

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while so why not an update.

The tank has gone through a lot over the last couple of months. Partly because I had a lot of things going on with work, etc that took up a lot of my time. The tank was on autopilot but majorly neglected. I tested positive for Covid last week and I am quarantining at the house for two weeks. I decided now is the time if any to get this tank back on track. I did a lot of deep cleaning including taking a shop vac to the sump, fuge, etc. Also, found out my refractometer was severely out of calibration and my salinity tested at 38.4ppt!!! Brought the salinity back down to 35ppt.

All in all, I think my crash last year is still taking its toll on pieces. It has been really frustrating to go from a thriving reef to a tank that feels at times that it is barely hanging on. I know that is all in my head and it's not as bad as that but sometimes it feels that way. I have lost some older pieces over the last couple of months and a lot of pieces have sat dormant with no sign of growing. However, some pieces are growing well and some are showing promise of taking off.

I just keep telling myself that this is all part of the process and once everything gets back on track then it will get back to what it once was.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one positive to losing your smell to Covid. I cleaned my skimmer after 4 months and couldn't smell a thing. Been running it dry and didn't dump it in 4 months. Needless to say it wasn't performing correctly. Hard to tell but this stuff was THICK!!!

20211109_122907.jpg

20211109_122857.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your infection and hope it doesn't give you too much trouble. Feeling good enough to muck out the sump suggests you are handling things just fine. In our town and neighboring ones the vax rate is crazy high so we are pretty much Post Covid back to normal. No more masks.

Some serious gunk in that Octo. Best skimmers ever.

Good to hear from you again and glad your sprucing things up. Take an FTS so you can compare this "low point" to the next update.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your infection and hope it doesn't give you too much trouble. Feeling good enough to muck out the sump suggests you are handling things just fine. In our town and neighboring ones the vax rate is crazy high so we are pretty much Post Covid back to normal. No more masks.

Some serious gunk in that Octo. Best skimmers ever.

Good to hear from you again and glad your sprucing things up. Take an FTS so you can compare this "low point" to the next update.

One of our office employees brought it in and four of us got hit with it. I tested positive on Thursday and Friday I received the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. Those are awesome! I recommend anyone to get it done if they test positive.

It was nothing severe. I was just weak and drained for about a week. Started feeling better 2 days ago. The crappy part now is I cannot smell or taste which is weird but it is what it is. I needed to get the tank under control for awhile now and all it took was covid......

Anyways, it is good to post again and I will take an FTS today when the lights kick on.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of our office employees brought it in and four of us got hit with it. I tested positive on Thursday and Friday I received the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. Those are awesome! I recommend anyone to get it done if they test positive.

It was nothing severe. I was just weak and drained for about a week. Started feeling better 2 days ago. The crappy part now is I cannot smell or taste which is weird but it is what it is. I needed to get the tank under control for awhile now and all it took was covid......

Anyways, it is good to post again and I will take an FTS today when the lights kick on.
That is a bizarre symptom for sure. Glad to hear the infusion worked well enough. Two of my golf buddies got it early on in March 2020. For one, taste / smell was his only symptom. For the other, it was no bueno. Nearly died. Smoker, drinker so had some complicating factors. Plus, nobody knew how to treat back then. Said his lungs felt like they were full of broken glass.

When the vax was released for my age, I was knocking over little old ladies to get it. I'd seen enough.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bizarre symptom for sure. Glad to hear the infusion worked well enough. Two of my golf buddies got it early on in March 2020. For one, taste / smell was his only symptom. For the other, it was no bueno. Nearly died. Smoker, drinker so had some complicating factors. Plus, nobody knew how to treat back then. Said his lungs felt like they were full of broken glass.

When the vax was released for my age, I was knocking over little old ladies to get it. I'd seen enough.

Just Do It Running GIF by Rocky

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back