OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What settings are you running on your lights?
A3597E18-064F-4147-99FC-8E572ED7AAEA.png

Orange line is intensity and the reef brites are XHO blues.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more annoying issue. I’ve had a Rock Flower Nem when I first setup the tank, kind of a plain Jane green, but kinda cool also. Darn thing setup camp in the worse spot. Was doing a WC today and noticed across the tank two more about the size of a quarter. Not sure how they made it that far. One is in an okay spot, the other is right next to a Scoly, so going to have to figure out a way to get it moved.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really new. Been so busy with projects lately that haven't had much time to deal with the tank, which is probably a good thing. Running into a small problem though. Things are starting to grow into each other and I"m in dire need of a trim. I do need to make up my mind on a few small colonies and get rid of some due to poor spatial planning.

One more annoying issue. I’ve had a Rock Flower Nem when I first setup the tank, kind of a plain Jane green, but kinda cool also. Darn thing setup camp in the worse spot. Was doing a WC today and noticed across the tank two more about the size of a quarter. Not sure how they made it that far. One is in an okay spot, the other is right next to a Scoly, so going to have to figure out a way to get it moved.

Having "issues" most would love to encounter!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything new, different or exciting going on?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really slick build for that tank!

Did you ever post up that CSS extension for the Fusion interface? That dark scheme is exactly what Ive been looking for in my display.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the absence. Work has been really hectic and time for corals has taken a back seat. I'm going to be moving in hopefully the next 30 days. Rather than ship everything to the house back in Phoenix, I'd rather do a custom built in unit between two rooms where I can fit about 800 gallons. So I'll be selling off the build that is packaged in crates. Hoping to be able to sell the whole thing rather than part it out. In the meantime I need to do a lot of fragging to clear out the current tank that is up and running, then sell off that tank.

I'll update as things go along. But if someone local wants a sweet deal on the entire setup I'm looking to do a good deal.

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!

Whoever gets the build is going to have an awesome setup!

Wish I could afford it I would be all over it.

Can't wait for the new build.

I'm sure this will go pretty quickly.

Wait until the coral fish sale bonanza. Pretty good sized small colonies to go. Homewrecker, Walt Disney, Culture Shocker, Budgie Smuggler, list of high end corals goes on and on. This will be a good fire sale also. Heavy discounts for local pickup so I don't have to deal with shipping,.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the absence. Work has been really hectic and time for corals has taken a back seat. I'm going to be moving in hopefully the next 30 days. Rather than ship everything to the house back in Phoenix, I'd rather do a custom built in unit between two rooms where I can fit about 800 gallons. So I'll be selling off the build that is packaged in crates. Hoping to be able to sell the whole thing rather than part it out. In the meantime I need to do a lot of fragging to clear out the current tank that is up and running, then sell off that tank.

I'll update as things go along. But if someone local wants a sweet deal on the entire setup I'm looking to do a good deal.

Whoa, some big changes going on and happy for you as I realize you've wanted to get to Phoenix.

Good luck with selling everything off before the move!

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that to say that you have not added water to this build yet and your selling in in its entirety? If so, that's a shame. Awesome stuff, you have a very unique set of talents!

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that to say that you have not added water to this build yet and your selling in in its entirety? If so, that's a shame. Awesome stuff, you have a very unique set of talents!

Everything was leak tested, then prepared for a move. So yes it is the entire build with mixing station. Only thing someone will need is an RO/DI. I also have about 750 feet of five colors of 1/4 line I’m throwing in.

Thanks for the compliments, it was a fun build.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry @Palluk33. Totally spaced the pics today. I’ll get that done tomorrow. Got to far down the rabbit hole trying to modify a power head.

Now this power head from AI.

I currently run in the other tank (2) MP40’s and (2) WAV’s. The MP40’s at 50% pulse creating a standing wave, and the WAV’s at a measly 4% on Rincon to randomize some flow. Everything in the tank is happy. But the WAV’s are absolutely overkill for even a 5 foot tank, and (4) MP40’s is silly and your limited to placement and direction.

So I figured I’d try the AI Nero. Whoever the engineer is who listed this pump up to 1/2” glass should be flogged and run out of town. The pull force is ridiculously low, my frag racks hold stronger. This is most likely due to its low profile nature and if the magnet were stronger, would interfere with the motor. I even tried it on the 1/4” sump and that was even weaker than I would expect.

But in for a penny in for a pound. At this point I’m going to figure out how to make these work since they can move just the right amount of water with four of them and directionalized. They are super quiet and are a sleek look.

Phase I was to modify them so they can be pivoted up to 30 degrees.

One piece snaps onto the inner magnet, and the other snaps into the back shroud of the pump. There is a center slide that allows adjustment up to 30 degrees, 25 degrees is more stable though.

00E08AB4-0B89-4830-B1BD-593FE03D765C.jpeg

Magnet is still to weak, so I need to order a few N52’s of varying pull forces and test a new outer magnet and print up a housing to encapsulate the new mount.

Would you mind sharing the file - I’d like to make some for my Nero 5’s. I’ve never printed anything before but after seeing this post I’m taking the plunge.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JDowns you have a PM.

Sorry for being MIA. Got swamped after moving and getting settled back in the house in Phoenix. Had a few patent projects that needed to be finalized that just over took all my time, and took a bit of time off to finally travel a bit.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for being MIA. Got swamped after moving and getting settled back in the house in Phoenix. Had a few patent projects that needed to be finalized that just over took all my time, and took a bit of time off to finally travel a bit.

Man! Am I glad to hear from you!

had me worried

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back