JEBAO SLW-20 vs REEF POWER RP-M / CORAL BOX RN-1

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralbox uses rebranded jebao dcs pumps in the skimmers....

Johnnynle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 slw-20 in my 75 gal tank. It’s a 4 foot long tank and they move water decently in it. Very wide flow pattern. I think I’m going to have to get 2 more though. I run the 2 I have at 100% but I feel like it needs more... I’m only thinking this because I just started adding sps to my tank. A birds nest and a couple stylo’s so far. Waiting to see how those do. I getting decent polyp movement on my birdsnest from the flow I have currently.

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 slw-20 in my 75 gal tank. It’s a 4 foot long tank and they move water decently in it. Very wide flow pattern. I think I’m going to have to get 2 more though. I run the 2 I have at 100% but I feel like it needs more... I’m only thinking this because I just started adding sps to my tank. A birds nest and a couple stylo’s so far. Waiting to see how those do. I getting decent polyp movement on my birdsnest from the flow I have currently.

How are the SLW's working for you? I read people putting them in 75, 180, 330 gal tanks but the box states suited for nano tanks. I'm a little hesitant.

slw.jpg

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are for nano tanks only. I have 2 slw -20 in my 32inch long (IM 50) and it barely moves water at the other end of tank @ 100%. Wide flow pattern which is nice but only getting good flow for like 24" or so.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are for nano tanks only. I have 2 slw -20 in my 32inch long (IM 50) and it barely moves water at the other end of tank @ 100%. Wide flow pattern which is nice but only getting good flow for like 24" or so.

I'd agree, I have an slw-20 wireless on my 40b and see flow drop off at about 24 inches as well. I'm going to be adding an slw-30. I don't exactly reccomend the wireless version as you need to have an account through them but the programming is definitely nice.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I completely agree with the theft of IP. Is that the case here? I cant see any indication that AI have patented the Nero pump.

I agree that they have copied the aqua coloured blades, but thats about all. The SLW20 doesn't pivot like the nero, and the electronics will be quite different (it uses the same control panel as Jebao's previous sine wave pumps).

can we say that radion G5 copied the black box design? Who cares, I buy what fits my pocket and needs, period. And companies don’t care about you, but profits. Truth hurts but it’s the truth.

Fumanchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will never buy from reefbreeders again horrible customer service bought a pump from them had problems with one out of the two. They never responded back after me leaving multiple messages this was about a year ago the other pump is going strong but to anyone I would say save your money and buy from the big 3 tunze,eco,maxspect or buy used ..

Johnnynle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the SLW's working for you? I read people putting them in 75, 180, 330 gal tanks but the box states suited for nano tanks. I'm a little hesitant.

slw.jpg
For me they’re working decently. I get nice movement from my softies. I have one slw-20 on opposing sides and I get a really nice random chaotic flow. I also only have them set to about 70%. There is definitely a drop off around the 24” mark but with the opposing flow it makes up for it. But it you’re trying to put them on one side only I’d definitely recommend going bigger/better. I just got an MP-40 so the slw-20’s will be going into the frag tank which is a 40B. Overall, I’m happy with the 2 slw-20 in my 75. Especially for the price.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have the Jebao SLW20 on my IM 40 AIO and I have it at half power. Very happy with the purchase. It is bigger then my MP10 that is at the other end but I love the flow.

get yourself the snail guard from Fishofhex for $10 instead of $20 everybody else charges.

don’t know how long it will last but if it still runs after 2 years of use I would be happy.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have heard good things about the RP-M / RN-1, but does anyone have any more info about the Jebao SLW-20? I haven't seen much about them yet.

my thought is this, both basically the same question is do you want to pay $129 for an rn-1 or $75 for a jebao? personally i would go jebao SLW-20 or slw-20m ( if i could find the wifi slw-20m in the USA)

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people saying for nano only. I disagree.
I have 4 in my 6ft 180g. All on the back wall. I also have 2 jebao gyre 1 pn each end. Also 2 of the sow15 and 4 rfg nozzles on my returns. I use the slw20 to add flow around sps colonies. They actually grow towards them.

1 mistake i see people make on youtube, is they have the pulse to fast. The larger the tank, the slower the pulse should be. That causes a lapping effect, allowing each wave to follow the next. Set to fast and they collide with each other.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people saying for nano only. I disagree.
I have 4 in my 6ft 180g. All on the back wall. I also have 2 jebao gyre 1 pn each end. Also 2 of the sow15 and 4 rfg nozzles on my returns. I use the slw20 to add flow around sps colonies. They actually grow towards them.

1 mistake i see people make on youtube, is they have the pulse to fast. The larger the tank, the slower the pulse should be. That causes a lapping effect, allowing each wave to follow the next. Set to fast and they collide with each other.

i am planning on 4 slw-20 on my 4 foot 150 gallon as soon as funds permit me to purchase them, however im now seeing a new model the slw-30. and the wifi model is in between the 20 and 30 models but the more i research it the less i see a need for the wifi

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the wifi version has been known about since it was first released last year. Ive also seen the new 30 model and would probably go with it also if i were you.
I think these on your back wall will be adequate. If you want tremendous flow, ad a couple of the jebao gyres one on either end. I have this combo, in an sps tank, zoa dont do well because of the flow. I had to use one of the hydor controllers so only one gyre is on at a time. Every 30 min they switch power.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the wifi version has been known about since it was first released last year. Ive also seen the new 30 model and would probably go with it also if i were you.
I think these on your back wall will be adequate. If you want tremendous flow, ad a couple of the jebao gyres one on either end. I have this combo, in an sps tank, zoa dont do well because of the flow. I had to use one of the hydor controllers so only one gyre is on at a time. Every 30 min they switch power.

i just ordered 2x slw-30, 2x sureflow maxijet mods, and 2x maxijet magnet mounts :D, im goign to run the 2x modded maxijets on rear and the slw-30 on the ends of my 150. should be fine as my 150 is a 4 foot 150 LOL

Fizbang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have one of the h2pro cyclones, which seems to be the same basic pump as the ones being discussed. Anyhow Im setting up a 3x2x2 75G, its a peninsula tank, although I am facing one of the long sides against a wall in this home. I was planning on running the cyclone at the bottom of the overflow side, the return nozzles go the same direction at the top of the overflow. I had planned on putting a jebao or other gyre at the top of the far side, but I am second guessing this. Would the gyre be fighting the return nozzles flow? Should I do something different?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have one of the h2pro cyclones, which seems to be the same basic pump as the ones being discussed. Anyhow Im setting up a 3x2x2 75G, its a peninsula tank, although I am facing one of the long sides against a wall in this home. I was planning on running the cyclone at the bottom of the overflow side, the return nozzles go the same direction at the top of the overflow. I had planned on putting a jebao or other gyre at the top of the far side, but I am second guessing this. Would the gyre be fighting the return nozzles flow? Should I do something different?
Sounds like a good plan. May want to run 2 of them down there 1 on each side instead of 1 in the center. This should give them a clearer path of flow along the sandbed.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also turn the pulse down to the longest intervals. This increases the reach of the turbulence in each pulse. Many people put it at the fastest interval then conplain about the lack of flow. This happens with a lot of wavemakers with the pulse adjusting feature

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back