JEBAO SLW-20 vs REEF POWER RP-M / CORAL BOX RN-1

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the RP-Ms. I may have just got a dud but mine is incredibly loud. Sounds like the prop binds up or scrapes against something. If I try to put it in reverse mode it screams a noise like it’s about to blow up. Currently it’s sitting in my tank but not plugged in. The did send me a new prop but it didn’t really make a difference. I just called it a loss at that point. I may use it for a QT at some point.

I am a big fan of the Coral box QP16 though. It’s a lot bigger but moves a ton of water silently.

nick9one1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your opinion of the slw pumps?
Definitely worth the price. They are dead silent. Wide flow pattern. I have 2 and plan to add 2 more to my back wall on my 180gal. Only issue/complaint i have is the magnets that go on each side of the glass should be stronger. They work on my 1/2 inch glass 180, but wont work on my 3/4 inch 330gal. I am gouling to get some rare earth magnets, wrap them in tape and try them on the outside to see if they work. If not ill silicone the inside magnets to the glass. These are like the nero where the pump lifts off the inside magnet and so it returns to the same place every cleaning

Barrnone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you haven't had any issues with the magnet on the SLW-20 on 1/2" glass? I saw one of the pictures on the ReefBreeders site had it listed for less than 8mm glass. Made me a bit nervous.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you haven't had any issues with the magnet on the SLW-20 on 1/2" glass? I saw one of the pictures on the ReefBreeders site had it listed for less than 8mm glass. Made me a bit nervous.
Nope. I was a bit worried as it felt a bit weak when i put them on the glass, but i slid the inner magnets across coraline encrusted glass and the outer magnet followed. I thought it would fall off.
I run both at 100% and they stay in place. I paid 80.00 a piece, now i see them on ebay for about 60.00. Definitely worth every cent.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I was a bit worried as it felt a bit weak when i put them on the glass, but i slid the inner magnets across coraline encrusted glass and the outer magnet followed. I thought it would fall off.
I run both at 100% and they stay in place. I paid 80.00 a piece, now i see them on ebay for about 60.00. Definitely worth every cent.
Are the dimensions of the wet side really 70x70mm? And how 'angled' can you turn them?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot verify the 70x70, but they are wider then they are long to me, as far as the angle they can go to id say about 27 degrees of angle. Its not a huge amount. The angle is accomplished by a rubber cover that is placed on the wetside magnet, that is dished out. When the pump head is placed on it but off center it causes a tilt giving an angle

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man.. I wanted the Jebao SLW-30 to replace my gyres xf250, but have 3/4" glass. Did anyone confirm adding magnets outside works?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but how large is your tank? You may want the ow15 if its large. They are silwnt and move a lot of water, also have stronger magnets.
Im moving my 3/4 inch 300 into the house soon and will be able to verify the stronger magnets working or not.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but how large is your tank? You may want the ow15 if its large. They are silwnt and move a lot of water, also have stronger magnets.
Im moving my 3/4 inch 300 into the house soon and will be able to verify the stronger magnets working or not.

180g rimless. So 3/4" glass

Back