Jebao SLW Reviews?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the whir of the motor. I have it on a 10mm glass, not sure it would work on 3/4".
I've got the 20 on 1/2 also but doubt it will hold on 3/4. I was hoping the magnets were larger on the 30

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the MLW-5 today. Loving it, except for one thing: in automatic timer mode, the feed button "||" on the controller does not work anymore.
Is it me or anyone else found the same thing?

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a SLW-5 on a Flex 15, works great! I'm picking up a couple more, 1 more for the 15 to get alternating flow, and a couple for a 10 gallon. Biggest complaint I've seen for them is that they're noisy, but mine isn't loud at all. I have to put my ear up to it to hear it running

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the MLW-5 today. Loving it, except for one thing: in automatic timer mode, the feed button "||" on the controller does not work anymore.
Is it me or anyone else found the same thing?
Okay, just found out that in automatic timer mode, if you long press the feed button it will go "off" (display shows "off"), but it will automatically goes on again after ten minutes.
So the feed button works, but not how it's supposed to be i guess. Looks kind of buggy to me.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, just found out that in automatic timer mode, if you long press the feed button it will go "off" (display shows "off"), but it will automatically goes on again after ten minutes.
So the feed button works, but not how it's supposed to be i guess. Looks kind of buggy to me.
That's how feed mode is supposed to work, it shuts the pump off for 10 minutes

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feed button is literally to feed your fish, not feed power. It's nice to use so you never forget to turn your pumps back on after feeding.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feed button is literally to feed your fish, not feed power. It's nice to use so you never forget to turn your pumps back on after feeding.
This is why I only half trust online reviews haha Is the product really bad, or did the consumer just not understand how to use it correctly?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's how feed mode is supposed to work, it shuts the pump off for 10 minutes
Yeah, but it does not work on the MLW-5 how it should be. Normally you tap the feed button and "feed" appears on the display.
Not with the MLW-5 though. You will have to long press the feed button and then "off" appears.
And 5 minutes later (not 10 i noticed) it goes on again.

With the pump in manual mode the feed button works normal (tap it and "feed" appears).
The issue is when the pump is in program mode, the feed button doesn't work anymore like it should. It looks like a bug to me. Jebao didn't think this through.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I only half trust online reviews haha Is the product really bad, or did the consumer just not understand how to use it correctly?
I know how the feed function should work. It just doesn't work right in all modes.

To make it clear:

In manual mode the feed button works well (tap it and "feed" appears in the display, pump stops for 10 minutes).

In automatic program mode, the feed button doesn't respond to a tap. You need to long press it and then "off" appears in the display. 5 minutes later (not 10) the pump starts again.

It looks like a bug to me.

Last edited:

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SLW 10, 20 and 30 and you have to hold the feed button down for a couple seconds on all of them to initiate feed mode. I assume this is to avoid accidental presses. It sounds like a deliberate function. When in auto mode, you dont want accidental button presses to alter things. When in manual mode, its expected. Maybe?

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got a bit more silent after I properly dismantled it and put it back together. But compared to my old Tunze it is still a bit louder.
What did you do to take it apart? I’m experiencing a tapping clicking noise. Tried taking the cover off and propellers out reassembled it. But it’s still making noise.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this thread i hear a very noisy slw-5:

Is the new mlw-5 as noisy? Do mlw-5 owners recognise that sound from the video?
Mine is clicking and clacking right out of the box.
Sounds like the propellers is hitting the casing.
I’ve taken it apart, but still making noise. Other than that’s, it is awesome!
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 184206EE-247D-4166-B7EA-97EBFEEB7E03.MOV
    28.4 MB

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is clicking and clacking right out of the box.
Sounds like the propellers is hitting the casing.
I’ve taken it apart, but still making noise. Other than that’s, it is awesome!
Any suggestions?

Try just manually spinning and see if you can figure out where it's hitting or the source of the noise.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got several SOW models of various sizes and I've always had to long press the feed button to put it into FEED mode.... pretty sure that is completely normal.

I'm getting ready to order another one, but will be going for the newer MOW model this time around. Excited to have the programmability for once... I'm just wondering if its still possible to link a newer MLW/MOW model with one of the older SLW/SOW models in Master/Slave mode.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try just manually spinning and see if you can figure out where it's hitting or the source of the noise.
Good idea. I will give this a try. I suppose my other concern will be what to do if a piece is rubbing. Or if the prop is wobbling etc...

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SLW 10, 20 and 30 and you have to hold the feed button down for a couple seconds on all of them to initiate feed mode. I assume this is to avoid accidental presses. It sounds like a deliberate function. When in auto mode, you dont want accidental button presses to alter things. When in manual mode, its expected. Maybe?
Makes no sense. My MLW-5 controller is mounted on the wall and the only time you touch it is if you want to set in feed mode. All the programming etc. is done through the app. So no accidental touching.

Here the behaviour of the controller in manual mode (no tide periods programmed) - movie 1 - and in auto mode (tide periods programmed) - movie 2.

In auto mode you'll need long press but then "OFF" is shown, not "FEED" like in movie 1. This seems not correct to me.
I also noticed that "OFF" sometimes is 5 minutes off, and other times 8 or 10. Oh, and tonight it stayed "OFF". It seems buggy to me.

Attachments

• 20210916_224052_720x720.mp4
    2.7 MB
  • 20210916_224201_720x720.mp4
    3.5 MB
Last edited:

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 MLW 20's anyway to put these things into anti synic mode ? Like one on for 10 seconds the other off ? Thanks

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the master/salve mode make them go one after the other? I am trying to create the swaying motion with them on two ends of my tank.
Think I figured it out you have to put them in cross wave mode ( C mode ) for them to be 1 on 1 off . Random mode they each just do their own thing

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Think I figured it out you have to put them in cross wave mode ( C mode ) for them to be 1 on 1 off . Random mode they each just do their own thing
Thank you for the reply. I have the SLW-M version that is controlled by the mobile app. Here is what I did:
  • Selected pump no. 1.
  • Made it the master.
  • Selected manual program.
  • Selected crossflow instead of pulse (pic attached).
  • Selected pump no. 2.
  • Made it the salve pump.
    0A02965A-91B7-4C0E-A4EF-3DA7C415FF3A.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other.

Back