Jebao Wifi SLW-20 M Wifi App Setup Help

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Recently purchased a Jebao Wifi WaveMaker. I am running into issues during the linking phase of the app. I keep getting the message that only 2.4 ghz wifi is accepted. Ok, fine - I have dual channel enabled on my router, and so a 2.4ghz channel should be available. No dice. Also, on my phone, I am connected to the 2.4ghz channel and "forgot" the other one just in case it's auto connecting. Anyone have any suggestions? It's already been opened and touched water so unfortunately the store won't take it back.
Thanks!

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try playing with toggling on and off wifi and cellular data. And based on if your IOS or Android the setup can be dramatically different

n1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Recently purchased a Jebao Wifi WaveMaker. I am running into issues during the linking phase of the app. I keep getting the message that only 2.4 ghz wifi is accepted. Ok, fine - I have dual channel enabled on my router, and so a 2.4ghz channel should be available. No dice. Also, on my phone, I am connected to the 2.4ghz channel and "forgot" the other one just in case it's auto connecting. Anyone have any suggestions? It's already been opened and touched water so unfortunately the store won't take it back.
Thanks!
Any luck getting connected? I moved networks and cannot get it back online. I've tried both ios and android, no luck. My power led flashes, does that mean anything?

OP
OP
Wasabiroot

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it had something to do with my wireless network defaulting to 5ghz. I believe you must enter your wireless settings and manually force 2.4ghz enabled. I ended up getting an AI Nero 3 and used the jebao in the default on position as a salt mixing pump.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks have unique SSID's assigned. Some internet providers setup both networks with the same SSID by default, which can lead to problems connecting certain devices.

Maybe try disabling the 5ghz signal until you get things connected.

OP
OP
Wasabiroot

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks have unique SSID's assigned. Some internet providers setup both networks with the same SSID by default, which can lead to problems connecting certain devices.

Maybe try disabling the 5ghz signal until you get things connected.
Ooh. Good idea. I kind of gave up on that, but perhaps n1ng can use this information.

n1ng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh. Good idea. I kind of gave up on that, but perhaps n1ng can use this information.
Thanks Wasabiroot & LeftyReefer. I managed to add the pump to the app. In iOS I needed to allow the jebao app to find my location.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back