Jettareefer’s sps dominated planet rimless

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll preface this by saying I tried to hide my aiptasia problem in my photos it was down right epic. It had gotten to a point I truly believe with with numbers 1,000’s they were choking out my corals with toxins. During overhaul I use manually removed 200 with tweezers by peeling the foots, I placed any FUBAR’D LR/Disc/plugs in the sump as “munchies” for the downstairs homies. I soaked the frag rack and pumps in vinegar also removed return nozzle it seemed to be a hot spot. Even then I felt I made a small dent. I added 10-12 to displays now rounding the 4th month and me speeding up the process I catch them in groups taking out decent sized aiptasia in one night. At this point they come in any size I have 20 I see deep in the night that exceed 1” these guys are like a Kawasaki powered snapper hi-vac lawnmower lol. Once you got them in numbers at size they get to the business. With that said I always saw them working and immediately laying even right after introduction. Being nocturnal unless starved you’ll rarely see them out and about. I turn my lights on early in morning they’re everywhere, but are quick to disappear it’s pretty wild.

Lol "Downstairs Homies" that had me cracking up. Good advice. So do you think about 5 in my frag tank should do the trick? Sounds like putting them in packs is the way to go.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back