OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quick picture of a section of my tank during my “zoa reforestation project”.

9B23EB79-BA2F-48A4-9A45-730D9FCD66E4.jpeg

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a little update... Things were great post chemiclean, until I did the second of three total 7-8x interceptor treatments. I had major bacterial bloom my tank was milky white after about 24 hours into the treatment. This didn’t happen on first round or during any of my previous treatments. I’m assuming the chemiclean killed off bacteria which was to be expected and the by products of the interceptor ex. Filler and flavoring weren’t able be broken down. Needless to say after running a ton of filter padding and 50% wc it cleared after 36 hours. Threw away more acros... my beloved Ora Validia is now half dead unlike everything the tissue loss did not start from the base up. My 4 year old Oregon tort started again going quickly this time and TGC lime light peeling like a banana (since it’s easy to get to being on the overflow a q-tip with Lugols and super glue fixed his problem !). The fox flame finally stopped and then this happens. *** I’m starting to loose my sanity.

I’m breaking down a customer’s old redsea max. I’m also starting a new job in a week or two that comes with a decent pay increase and moving into a bigger pad in late October. I’ll hopefully be able have both tanks going along a lowboy or two. I’ll start a new collection on the max/lowboys and keep the rimless going static until this crap is sorted out.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things haven’t really changed it’s been static at this point my Oregon tort and Validia are the only things that continue to decline. I fragged the tort and lost one branch and the branch number 2 is stn’ing after lugols application and super glue which worked on others. The I’m letting the Validia alone since the tort did not go well.

Other then that everything else is growing and doing well the the fox flame continues at this point to produce new growth along the former recession line it’s managed to overcome whatever caused all this chaos. Colors are starting to come back to normal after the three heavy interceptor treatments at 8x dosage one I ran for 48 hours due to a bath renovation kept me from easily accessing the fish room. A lot of my sps are currently brown literally it’s very lame lol. Right now as far as I can tell I think I finally beat the bugs. Honestly think I’m past the stn no new cases and the only problems I currently have are the ongoing two mentioned above I think they’re upset/weak and unable to build up the resistance to overcome although the Validia starting to growth at an almost unbelievable rate I have faith it’s going to fight it off. I started running mechanical filtration and changing it out regularly to displace all the funk in the water colum. IMO has made a huge positive impact. I have plans to removed as much detritus from the sump as possible in the next upcoming water change next weekend.

I made swapped out one of my actinic bulbs for a purple plus it really made it brighter. I also raised the fixture up to 11.25” off the water (was 10”)and the led bar is 90% output. I’m hoping the bulb changed brings some different colors with diversity in spectrum. Adjusted the photoperiod at the same time. I had the blue light running 13 hours and daylight 6 hours I just felt it was to long and previously during periods were coloration was best I was running shorter durations.

-Blue light(dusk/dawn) SBreef led bar blue plus/ati actinic = 3pm-1am (10 hours)

-Daylight 2x blue plus, 1x coral plus, 1x purple plus = 6pm-11pm (5 hours)

Positive feedback- Seen increased PE, darkening overall in some acros, contrast in multi-colored corals Is definitely more defined.

Negative feedback- Seeing as some corals were happy with the previous schedule/configuration some have browned or stalled I think with time they’ll adjust IME it will be a hot minute before anything will happen.

Bulb layout front to back

SBreef led bar
Blue plus
Blue plus
Coral plus
Purple plus
Ati actinic
Blue plus

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flame is growing rapidly the pictures 3 weeks apart. The second picture just raw T5 only my XR can’t focus otherwise. I plan on trimming the old growth to stimulate new growth the get yellow tips on the whole thing. It used to be severely shaded it went dormant in that general area.
8FE97C7C-4EF0-4D43-B84A-EBED06250CDD.jpeg

18F9DFF5-6B02-49EF-B15E-1715C7E7325C.jpeg

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have just needed time to adjust to the new lighting. I have an sb as well but it doesn’t necessarily blast my piece toward the middle back.
I think it is. One of my faves
Believe it or not it’s actually JF coolers champagne that’s just really happy. There’s actually more definition in color my phone can’t handle it lol.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call my big Orange tipped Aussie frag gone wild Godzilla. I honestly can’t tell them apart lol ;). It’s finally healing fully as you can see on the right side super excited!
4D990004-AE18-4D1B-9374-583A905E6194.jpeg

Half of what remains of my once large (was 4.5x4.5x3” before the stn) TGC ultimate miyagi tort. I will say it’s happy as can be at the moment.
264854BF-272B-4EF4-84EE-8CD1181AF348.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I can tell your passionate about reefing looking forward to following your build
Thank you!! Still just thrown together since I’m moving in less than month. Things are starting to come around. I’ll keep posting photos and I spent a few hours this morning rearranging stuff!

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new photo tool. Playing around with right now the clarity and focus is amazing relative to what had before!
2E602BE3-B541-4A04-8198-61E63B2EC074.jpeg
yo honestly, i love my iphone XS max, and its great for normal photos, but reef photos suck. Borrow someone's Samsung and play around in pro mode, it'll blow your mind how realistic the photos come out with a filter and that camera.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the Red Sea tank I talked above a few weeks ago. I picked it up yesterday evening I definitely plan using it for a brood stock/QT once I finalize my move. Or maybe house my stags / Montis/ bread and butter stuff in it.
E052B77A-EB54-4239-A4F2-7835799E64ED.jpeg
D28BB335-FFEF-4BD2-B023-CDAAEE22E80D.jpeg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Damsel! How is the temperament? Not sure I could ever trust one haha.

Back