OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Paletta pink tip has noticeable growth for the first time ever in 18 months during all problems go figures right? lol ;Dead

1D954298-9116-4195-9751-427BF83AC9FE.jpeg

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
•Get ready to have your minds blown jk, but it will be completely unrecognizable lol. I’ve decided I’m going to attempt a second round. A totally different concept with purpose this time and so minimalistic rocks really don’t exist lol . Rocks lame. Coral GOOOD. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

•I’ll document it all and if I get around to it tonight I’ll give you a sneak peak. BB all the way! You know the business... haha. Since my colors And vitality were better on my partial modified zeovit method I’ll be putting that back in motion it will help with having very little in terms biological filtration. I’ll be running nothing other then a apex(other redundancy measures), heater, main pump, factory sponge in my sump (completely empty), skimmer, power heads for flow, and ati/sb bar.

•I’ll explain further how I’m approaching the stn issue. Super glue at its finest a old school trick.
098B66AA-A8E6-4691-ACEB-02EB30D676EE.jpeg

Last edited:

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve turned the tank over twice since we last talked some things improved overall nothing. Carbon had no impact and I switched back to fritz for all the w/c’s. I’ve checked everything :/. It’s bacterial I don’t think I can do anything to change it. I’m undecided tomorrow will hold the key it’s all really up in the air it’s a all or nothing type of deal. I have a master plan it’s major surgery. If that makes sense it’s 24 hours project up all night and praying to a higher power for mercy after that lol.

Try a new salt, like TMP or maybe even regular IO and do a few more WC. Don’t tear it down!!!!! You’ll regret it!!!! Sometimes things just happen!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a new salt, maybe even regular IO and do a few more WC. Don’t tear it down!!!!! You’ll regret it!!!! Sometimes things just happen!!!
I’m tried I need a change it will be cool I’m saving WD, Fox Flame, Validia, Paletta pink tip! I was using regular instant ocean for the past year or longer up until i just switch back to fritz two weeks ago just see if that changed anything it’s nice not have to buffer mag/cal lol. I get fritz RPM it for $32 200 gallon box actually cheaper than regular IO or Reef crystal I loved for years. (I’ve used RPM for 2 years on and off with good results). Check in tomorrow night big changes await! I already went nuts with the bone cutters lol :)

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck bud, don’t give up!

Appreciate the encouragement! I’ve done my best to be calm and collected methodical during all this. I’ll update tonight about to start the mayhem now lol.

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promised updates, but my old iPhone 7 Plus died literally as I start the overhaul I lost everything on my phone. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled out this and more in terms of LR and all the sand. I had a fair amount of coral skeletons and stuff I just chunked. I also had to removed the overflow because the tables the tideline overflow is such a pain in butt to work on not to mention the fact it has to be just perfect or it will leak I got it down thankfully these days. I completely sanitized the tank with and rinse several times with R/o water.
677DEE7B-6FB8-4BA8-9C31-D3151BEA08C9.jpeg

9B0FBA7C-64C9-48C4-A75C-70AA8FD899A1.jpeg

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some better pictures post overhaul. Cleaned up the glass and the equipment in the tank. Everything’s doing well all things considered and Stn has appeared to have stopped. Just got to get the colors back now. My leopard wrasse it’s really beat up I’m a little nervous about her making it without sand of course the melanurus had no problem adjusting. :rolleyes:
7F070BA8-C797-40B4-A374-B5901DA7823F.jpeg
32AE719C-6810-4F9A-B549-10037FFFE5CB.jpeg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some better pictures post overhaul. Cleaned up the glass and the equipment in the tank. Everything’s doing well all things considered and Stn has appeared to have stopped. Just got to get the colors back now. My leopard wrasse it’s really beat up I’m a little nervous about her making it without sand of course the melanurus had no problem adjusting. :rolleyes:
7F070BA8-C797-40B4-A374-B5901DA7823F.jpeg
32AE719C-6810-4F9A-B549-10037FFFE5CB.jpeg
Put a bowl of sand for her, I'd hate to be that leopard wrasse that always had a sand bed and now not. Sometimes they really mess up their mouths trying to dive into something. Good luck

OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse all the likes, now caught up.
Gutted for you with the latest kick in the nutz, I know you'll get back on track again. :)
Thanks for all the work/time you invest on likes! Things seem to have calmed down and last night I took care the last colonies that I needed to restart. On the other hand things seem to soo
much happier after the overhaul I think that was a great decision. It was definitely painful, but worth it I like how open it is I’m going to finish up the final adjustments on the aquascape this weekend!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I hope things start to turn around for you with the change. Have you thought about adding another power head now with the extra room? I see the gyre but what else are you using for flow? I have always thought that just a gyre pump is sometimes not enough to keep corals happy and adding a normal style pump helps a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jettareefer223

Jettareefer223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I hope things start to turn around for you with the change. Have you thought about adding another power head now with the extra room? I see the gyre but what else are you using for flow? I have always thought that just a gyre pump is sometimes not enough to keep corals happy and adding a normal style pump helps a lot.
Thanks! Me too still have some time to see how things all settle in moving at the end of October :rolleyes:. Yeah I hate the gyre there’s nothing random produced just straight linear flow lol, and it’s for sale on my local forum. The jebao on 100% w1 on a tight pulse pretty provides all the flow in the tank, it cancels the gyre out even at 100% it’s frustrating the function of $45 Chinese pump is better than that of a $290 pump. I planned on having 4 jebao’s 1 on a timer (on for an hr/off for an hour) the other 3 on random wave modes. The gyre pays for them waiting on it to sell I need them desperately lol!

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I hear you for sure. I got one of the first models and just hated it, I had to clean it every few months just to keep it working. I got a wave puck and don’t have to clean them but once a year. I really like the wide flow pattern on it and it’s to bad it didn’t do well and they stopped making them I think. The reefbreeders pump is similar but doesn’t push water like the wavepuck. I like the jeabo pumps but everyone I had eventually lost its gitty up and I wouldn’t notice til it was effecting the corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back