Jewelry box control panel and Red Sea Canopy build

Phil DeCapua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I posted this right and in the correct place. Please educate me if I did something wrong. Just wanted to post what I have done so far for my tank. I will hopefully update this thread once that is finished and may do a full post in the aquariums thread to show my full system set up but these are my first 2 DIY projects I did

One was a 20 dollar jewelry wall cabinet from Amazon and some Velcro and cord covers.

The next was just a quick design to build a canopy that just helps block the radion from blinding me when I am watching TV on the couch, or looking at the tank. It is going to be painted white to match the stand and if that doesn't look right I will wrap it with satin white vinyl. Wood, glue, and screws cost about $25. The paint is another $5 and if the paint doesn't look good, the vinyl wrap will be about $20. So most it cost was $50 dollars and some sweat and patience.

Any suggestions or questions welcomed.

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I posted this right and in the correct place. Please educate me if I did something wrong. Just wanted to post what I have done so far for my tank. I will hopefully update this thread once that is finished and may do a full post in the aquariums thread to show my full system set up but these are my first 2 DIY projects I did

One was a 20 dollar jewelry wall cabinet from Amazon and some Velcro and cord covers.

The next was just a quick design to build a canopy that just helps block the radion from blinding me when I am watching TV on the couch, or looking at the tank. It is going to be painted white to match the stand and if that doesn't look right I will wrap it with satin white vinyl. Wood, glue, and screws cost about $25. The paint is another $5 and if the paint doesn't look good, the vinyl wrap will be about $20. So most it cost was $50 dollars and some sweat and patience.

Any suggestions or questions welcomed.

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG
Looks awesome

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! I like how you used the jewelry box photo frames for actual photos! I would have probably filled it with coral pics, parameter cards, etc haha

OP
OP
P

Phil DeCapua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! I like how you used the jewelry box photo frames for actual photos! I would have probably filled it with coral pics, parameter cards, etc haha
I was going to do some coral pics but my gf said we needed to showcase the other animals in our lives lol

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do some coral pics but my gf said we needed to showcase the other animals in our lives lol
I'm sure mine would say the same haha

What aquarium model is that?

OP
OP
P

Phil DeCapua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure mine would say the same haha

What aquarium model is that?
It's the Red Sea Reefer 170. I have a very small apartment and this was the biggest I could go... for now lol... I may just get rid of my big couch and put some of those collapsible lawn chairs so I can get a big Tank and not have to wait until I move lol.

Today I just finished painting the canopy so I'll upload photos soon and added my gfo and carbon reactor and put another 20lbs of sand in so I have enough for a goby /shrimp pair

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great canopy! I’m looking to build one for my Reefer 250 (white) too. What did you paint did you find to best match the white cabinet of your Reefer?

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the wall mounted jewelry box? I'm on the hunt for the perfect one but I haven't found one on amazon yet.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back