JF Homewrecker Frag growouts

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does HW sell for retail these days?
The most "affordable" way to get HW is to buy a pack from someone around here. I bought a package I've seen here on R2R several times that came with HW, WD, SCOP, Cherry bomb. $640 shipped. Since then, I have seen several more similar packs that look much chunkier than mine for the same price.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was ticked, I paid $200 for it and it was white when I got it. I told the seller and he said he would replace it, then his colony died and there was not a new frag to be had. After 4 months I snapped

I need to know more. Was it just pale? Or had it STN’d? Either way, I wonder why braking it up would cause it to come back and color up like that?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't move to Denver. They are still high here. Each area will have their saturations of corals that sell for nothing - we had $50 WD frags years ago and they are down to 20-25 now with everybody who wants one has a colony already.

...been neglecting my tanks lately, but mine has grown a bit along with some cyano that popped this week in this area. Expect it to really start to take off soon since most do once they get like this. Still under 14k Phoenix MH with no supplements or photo editing.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 10.10.40 AM.png

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't move to Denver. They are still high here. Each area will have their saturations of corals that sell for nothing - we had $50 WD frags years ago and they are down to 20-25 now with everybody who wants one has a colony already.

...been neglecting my tanks lately, but mine has grown a bit along with some cyano that popped this week in this area. Expect it to really start to take off soon since most do once they get like this. Still under 14k Phoenix MH with no supplements or photo editing.

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 10.10.40 AM.png
Looking good @jda. Did you get it from @FarmerTy?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all these people on your "list"? Or just the really special ones like me and @Rick5 ?

Which reminds me, I don't think I have spammed @SeaDweller 's build thread in a few days. I better get over there before he revisits his own build thread. Like that's really gonna happen.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all these people on your "list"? Or just the really special ones like me and @Rick5 ?

Which reminds me, I don't think I have spammed @SeaDweller 's build thread in a few days. I better get over there before he revisits his own build thread. Like that's really gonna happen.
Only you and @Rick5 are members of that club

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only you and @Rick5 are members of that club
I don’t understand how I keep getting stuck with @Scott b on your red flag list. I complement your SPS in my posts. Sure, I use the sandwich method, say something pleasant, seemingly critical, followed by something else that’s pleasant, but you don’t acknowledge the complements.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand how I keep getting stuck with @Scott b on your red flag list. I complement your SPS in my posts. Sure, I use the sandwich method, say something pleasant, seemingly critical, followed by something else that’s pleasant, but you don’t acknowledge the complements.
Oh fanboy

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted new pics because it's a growth progression thread and I've cut 2 frags off my HW. I cut one to have as a backup copy and another one because my LFS was begging for a frag of it. He traded me 11 acro frags for the one HW. I ended up with a RR Wolverine, RR Rainbow Loom, Garf Bonsai, JF Fox Flame, GB Candelabra, a red nasuta, rainbow mille, and 4 wild collected tenuis - all for a half inch HW frag. So the retail value of a HW is still pretty high around here.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back