• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Joe Knows Reefs chalice Growout

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for Nov Update. I think I had a little issues with the tank but nothing to bad. We got a little recession in some skim but I believe I got it fixed.

Cosmic Wonderland
IMG_0552a.jpg

Fireballa
IMG_0558a.jpg

Rack City
IMG_0563a.jpg

Dynamite
IMG_0565a.jpg

Atom Bomb
IMG_0569a.jpg

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dynamite, Flash Bomb and Atom Bomb?

Wow, great corals for a grow out.

I like the growth on the Atom Bomb. There is so much flesh for new eyea to appear.

banzai75x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone interested in buying my spot in the growout? I have some things come up and need to raise some funds. PM me please. Thanks.

banzai75x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My growout spot is pending payment. Will update here once final payment is received.

banzai75x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let everyone know that I sold my spot to Wesley42079. Thanks everyone for the opportunity. Please welcome Wesley42079 to the growout.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my fellow reefers.

I would like to thank banzai75x for allowing me to purchase his spot in the Joe Knows Reefs Chalice Growout.

And thank you Jerwin for being the grower of these wonderful chalices.

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. I just wanted to give a heads up. I am having to leave town on an emergency. My grandmother just went into the hospital (bad). I have Rayzback going to be watching my tank and Weaponsofmassdesign will be backing him up while I am gone (From the Ktar Dynamite growout). I am not sure when I will be back so I will have to do a picture update when I get back into town.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerwin, hope your grandmother's health is getting better.

Any chance you can have Rayzback take pictures of the chalices and post them on your behalf?

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update Erick, we really appreciate it.

By the way, Happy New Year and Happy Reefing!

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update:

sorry there has not been pictures in Dec. I will take some this weekend and post up.

So for the real update. I am really down right now because I have been fighting in the frag tank with some chalice recession. I do think I have figure it out. I am switching salts but I want to warn you about it first. I ended up switching from instant ocean and reef crystals to Tropic Marin to help fix the issues.

you can read about some of the issues on this form. https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/re...393-will-real-water-reading-please-stand.html

There has been recession in the Dynamite, flash bomb and atom bomb. but after doing a water change and keeping a really close eye on the parameters the corals seem to be doing much better. The other 3 seem to be doing well with out any issues. Even with weekly water changes it was not helping the problems.

it seems like this last bucket of salt from Instand Ocean was very high in Cal and Mag and sent those reading through the roof. Sorry about this I am working my hardest and spending lots of money to keep everything going well and to see this happen just got me down. Everything is still alive and I believe we are still ok.

If there is any other turns for the bad I will let you know and we can decide what to do from there.

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man stuff happens.. and I have heard from a few people about salt not being anywhere close to what it should.. Most people have a hard time testing there tank water let alone testing newly mixed saltwater!!! But I like to test it every once in a while.. Glad to hear you got things under control.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that some of the chalices have experienced some recession.

Any chance we can all get a picture update?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
jerwin

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up putting up another fresh tank with just the chalice and coral. Its hard to tell but it looks like the corals seem stable. I will try to take some pics tonight.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back