Joe Yaiullo: Bonsai Reef Keeping in a 20,000 Gallon Box | MACNA17

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey R2R's !

If you haven't checked it out yet, we've been releasing the MACNA 2017 Guest Speaker videos on YouTube!

Here's one that we released yesterday with Joe Yaiullo, who talks about pruning and shaping your corals and how it relates to their overall health as well as being aesthetically appealing!

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I've checked it... maybe I've even thrown a thumbs up at it...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great video and talk! Love the info in this presentation. Joe knows what he is talking about. Don't know if there is a larger more impressive reef in the world. I don't know of any.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm gonna see if I can get Joe to follow this thread and answer any questions or comments. Can we get some posts going and show some love?

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fortunate enough to live on Long Island. I'm about 40 minutes from Atlantis in Riverhead. I'm there at least a couple times a year and my family usually has to drag me away from the reef exhibit. Just awesome! The video was great. Wish I could dive in my tank.
I don't know Joe but would like to thank him for giving eastern long island such a gem.
I've also been known to have LARS on occasion.

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have some of Joes Corals. I got them from unique corals the first year they came to Denver (2012 or 13?) and Laura from reefgen said it was from a 20,000 gallon tank in NY.

Either way I love this tank and the methods Joe uses. I have bonzied my 34g to keep it packed with tons of coral and it's going on 7 years soon.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great talk. I was hoping to see it someday so I can implement some of these ideas.

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video and talk! Love the info in this presentation. Joe knows what he is talking about. Don't know if there is a larger more impressive reef in the world. I don't know of any.
I agree. There's so many amazing tanks out there but I've never seen anything quite like this one.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to New York in December to visit family, I wish the Aquarium wasn't such a long trip back/forth to/from Manhattan! Would love to see it in person.

Back