• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

JoeKnowsReefs.com Live Sale Grow Out

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote for replacement of the orange emulation is either the flash bomb or the dynamite.

That's cherry picking right there! The orange emulation for the hottest chalice right now! Don't think that's fair to Joe since he isn't required to provided us with a replacement. Maybe he could can give us a option of what he deems equal in value and we can vote. Everything looks great and growing like chalices do! Nice and slow!

e46slc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, we can dream can't we?! Let's just ask Joe what he's willing to sub it with and choose from there.

leicalux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let me ping Joe and find out what are the options.

One more thing, Joe pmed me to ask if we would consider having one of us be the grower. What do you guys think?

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man Joe being the grower was what sold me on the deal!! Guess being up for 30+ hours didn't help him. I don't fill comfortable being grower and would would be very particular on who grows these out. Maybe a really sweet chalice to change my mind even though I prefer Joe to keep them as agreed on.

leicalux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some choices that Joe gave us, "crazy fox, melting suinset, red watermelon, spstoner orange sherbet, double trouble, and maybe a few others." Personally I like the melting sunset. Let me know what you guys think?

Joe also mentioned that if no one feels comfortable to be the grower, he is fine continue doing it. Just want to check if any one is interested and it will be easier on him.

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting the crazy fox for a long time!! I would be happy with updates like every 3 months if that helps Joe out as I'm sure it's a pain to photograph and post on a monthly basis!!

e46slc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with anything the group chooses. My preference is for Joe to grow it out. That was the hook for me to join this growout and buy 2 spots. I wouldnt mind an update every quarter if that helps Joe.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, wish I had known that there had been a spot open. That's a great growout! Good luck with it.

CJ

Steveowhits

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe is an awesome guy. I got up with him at a coral show in Raleigh and purchased a few of his signature corals. Stunning stuff.

leicalux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to Joe on his new house, I think he may have just completed his move and has some time to give us an update.

There is good and bad news. Apparently we lost the shock fire last week but the Orange Emulation seems to have come back alive now. Here is the update from Joe.

##########################################

Ok my friend, here we go. First off I have some very disappointing news...the shock fire has melted. I did not notice it until I went to take picures today. It happened sometime in the past week without my knowing. Since my move I haven't had the opportunity to feed the chalices, so it has happened during that time. I don't know if it was stress from the move, or if another coral stung it or what. I truly apologize for this happening under my watch, but this is one reason why I really asked if someone else would step up to grow these. As a vendor I feel a reponsibility to replace any corals that are lost, but in a regular grow out I think it would just be accepted as an unfortunate loss. I don't know how we should handle it...

on the others...

Merlin - 3 eyes
IMG_7644_zpsac4ec155.jpg

Superman on Steroids - I count 4 eyes
IMG_7643_zps2792a1b5.jpg

Cosmic Wonderland - Still only two eyes but growing as you can see
IMG_7658_zps8f151286.jpg

That leaves us with the last piece. Originally I was concerned that the Orange Emulation was a goner. I thought it was so far gone that I offered to replace it with a Crazy Fox frag and the group decided on Crazy Fox. Well, the Orange Emulation survived and bounced back nicely. Its a very slow grower and VERY sensitive to any and everything. Here is a pic of the original frag I cut for the group as of today. Let me know what the group wants to do about it. Also, I sincerely apologize about the shock fire piece. I know it was a selling point for many people and I'm not really sure how we should handle it. Thanks

IMG_7650_zpsf6e878ea.jpg

e46slc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with anything that the group decides. It's normal, I guess, to lose a piece or two during a grow out so I'm not expecting it to be replaced.

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance crazy fox for shock fire? And after that no responsibility of the grower? It's just the shock fire was such a big reason for the buy in!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the same as orange immolation, or is that a different chalice, since you called it orange emulation?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back