Texas Rick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My coral look great! I’m very excited to see my Looney tunes style, electric daisy stylo, confetti cake rainbow chalice, ultimate warrior rainbow chalice, vesuvius chalice, raja rampage and my black torch to all grow up!
I’m very excited!
I have them under T5 lighting and a kessil all blue and they look amazing! The glow is perfect!

The black torch immediately opened up and kicked its feet up in the water!

reefrider777

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
LOVE THE CORALS I GOT!!!! THANK YOU JKR!!!

IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1008.jpeg
IMG_1013.jpeg
IMG_1010.jpeg
IMG_1009.jpeg

randyadammartin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey @Joe Knows Reefs sent you an email about the package that arrived today. Some stuff missing. One damaged.

thanks,

I wanted to let everyone know that joe is taking care of this. He truly is a standup guy with great customer service.

Randy

dru312

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
For anyone that purchased a $4.99 JF Strawberry Cyphastrea --->

This cyphastrea is one of many corals that can take on different coloration under different PAR light levels. Under higher PAR, it will take on a yellow/orange hue, like our picture in the sale. When in lower light, it will revert back to a lighter green color. In the weeks leading up to the sale, a rack full of these cyphastreas was placed in an area of lower light and many frags took on a lighter green color. If you received one of these and are unhappy with it, please let me know and I will make sure you are credited for it. Even though it was priced at only $4.99, I want to make sure you're happy with your corals.

I apologize for the mishap but occasionally things happen. We want to make sure you leave satisfied so please let me know via PM if you have any issues. Thank you again for your business and support!

- Joe
What do Cyphastrea like in par? I have 2 that are in like 130-175 and they don't seem to be loving it tbh.

NOT corals I purchased from you - just some Cyphastrea I purchased 6 months ago.

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What do Cyphastrea like in par? I have 2 that are in like 130-175 and they don't seem to be loving it tbh.

NOT corals I purchased from you - just some Cyphastrea I purchased 6 months ago.
They are generally lower light, like 80-100 par. Some can withstand higher light. The JF strawberry is one in particular that will get some great colors in higher light

jlanger

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My gonis arrived almost four hours late yesterday due to wintery weather but they are doing great! All four of them were open and happy today.

Thanks for a great live sale and raffle! I'm really excited about the HYDROS2 as it will replace an outdated RKL on my smaller system.

Roadki11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How tolerant are they in shipping? My package got delayed an extra day and just got here, pretty cold. They're floating in the bags to warm up now. I'll email you if there are any issues.

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
How tolerant are they in shipping? My package got delayed an extra day and just got here, pretty cold. They're floating in the bags to warm up now. I'll email you if there are any issues.

Corals are actually much more hardy than we typically give them credit for. Unfortunately FedEx had some major issues on Wednesday night and nearly every box we shipped on Wednesday was delayed. If everything had been on time, heat packs would not have been necessary and actually would have cooked the corals. Please email use using the email address provided on the insert in your box. We will address and resolve any issues. Thank you everyone for your business and your patience for anyone dealing with delays etc.

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Joe Knows Reefs , what do you feed your coral?
Fish poo! Seriously, feed the fish well. We have used Red Sea AB+ with mixed results as well as many other popular reef foods. I am more of a traditionalist reefer and keeps things as simple as possible :)

xshmoox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks like no since it says cannot deliver wrong address I’m not going to pay a rerouting fee or drive across the county to track it down you need to go in and have it changed

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey did you ever update the shipping address after I told you you put the wrong town?
Looks like no since it says cannot deliver wrong address I’m not going to pay a rerouting fee or drive across the county to track it down you need to go in and have it changed

YES, the address has been corrected and I once again just hung up with FedEx to confirm.

Just to clarify, I DID NOT ENTER THE WRONG ADDRESS. As I have discussed with you via email, the FedEx system made the change, not me. The FedEx system tries to validate any address entered into their system. If it cannot validate, I contact the customer before shipping. Occasionally, the FedEx system suggests AND CHANGES IT to a different town name, despite every other aspect of the address being the same, including the zip code. We have been shipping corals with FedEx for 10 years and this is not an uncommon event. THIS situation however IS an uncommon event...when the FedEx system changes the address to an incorrect address.

I am sorry that this has happened and I can imagine it is probably frustrating. Add to that the fact that you purchased an expensive coral...I fully understand the frustration as I have been on the receiving end many times myself. But I assure you, just as I did via email, that we will replace and re-ship the coral - FREE OF CHARGE. You will receive what you paid for, I assure you of that :)

AAF