JOE'S 10th ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE - Official Thread

Voltaire81

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Fun sale and probably ordered too much but hey, yolo.

It was a very stressful day yesterday looking at the FedEx status knowing my ~$800 order won’t be delivered as scheduled on Thursday.

Finally delivered around 11am today after being in 48+ hours in a box. I was expecting the worst but all 13 corals arrived alive! Great packing, JKR!

After a few hours in my tank today, the polyps are now out (acros) and zoas are open. Colors are not there yet but I’m confident they will come around.

thanks again and very healthy corals!

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

It was a very stressful day yesterday looking at the FedEx status knowing my ~$800 order won’t be delivered as scheduled on Thursday.

Finally delivered around 11am today after being in 48+ hours in a box. I was expecting the worst but all 13 corals arrived alive! Great packing, JKR!

After a few hours in my tank today, the polyps are now out (acros) and zoas are open. Colors are not there yet but I’m confident they will come around.

THANK YOU! Thank you for the business and vote of confidence.

For those of you out there with delayed boxes....

I AM TRULY SORRY, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

As you can imagine, vendors have sent and received hundreds and sometimes thousands of boxes. That means that we, too, are also at the hands of FedEx. I say that to say this....I completely understand that frustrating and hopeless feeling. The feeling that you just spent hard earned money on some new corals. Maybe it was something you've been searching for...maybe you shouldn't really have bought it due to finances...maybe it was the deal of a lifetime...maybe it was a group buy... But you bought it and probably already had spots on the rocks picked out. And you wake up to a FedEx tracking page that says those dreaded words "In Transit". For anyone that has shipped a lot of corals, "In Transit" really means "we're not sure when it's going to be at it's next destination".

We really are sorry this has happened. In all the years of shipping, Wednesday night was THE WORST single night I have ever experienced as a shipper. Even in the week or two before Christmas, I've never seen what I saw Wednesday night. We still have 2 boxes hanging out there, and the likelihood of those corals arriving alive are fairly slim at this point.

For those that received their delayed boxes today - I apologize again... Several of you reached out to me to express your surprise to find that most or all of the corals were just fine. That is typically the case so long as temperatures aren't extreme and the corals are healthy to start with.

Thank you once again everyone!

Last edited:
OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

After a few hours in my tank today, the polyps for the business are now out (acros) and zoas are open. Colors are not there yet but I’m confident they will come around.

Thank you very much for the business and especially for the kind words. Late shipments can be very stressful and frustrating. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Boogiedown_Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Anymore orange hammer coming up?
0BFDE0DE-1230-431A-9BB1-43CF68D9E204.jpeg

Speaking of your latest coral purchase...

• It was a GREAT deal

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • It was a good deal

Votes: 90 32.5%
  • It was nether good nor bad

Votes: 65 23.5%
  • It was a bad deal

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.8%