JOE'S CHRISTMAS in JULY LIVE SALE - July 31, 2021 - Official Thread!!!

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This is mine that I got from him last sale:
0D9DA503-5B1D-4982-A37A-62BF1208D3A7.jpeg

Still doing good! Has some beautiful color. A little on the small side, and that’s why I’m wanting a big boi hammer this sale. :p
Get that algae away from the hammer. GHA will get under the tissue and end up growing under the coral separating it from the skeleton. Yes, I have had this happen before.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am going to be honest, 30 in shipping is nothing compared to what I already pay for buying from other vendors. Some have a box fee which is just murder. Top it off with state tax. OMG. I won't even proceed to checkout sometimes.
Even without a gift card, the sale prices here are very great for what I am after. It always happens when I am least prepared, though.
It truly is. Other live sales have $50+ shipping!! That’s really discouraging to me, even if they have nice corals.

All of the corals I got from Joe’s last sale are still in the tank and doing very very well.

His mushrooms are also super good. (I got a brain buster and a tangerine bounce)

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It truly is. Other live sales have $50+ shipping!! That’s really discouraging to me, even if they have nice corals.

All of the corals I got from Joe’s last sale are still in the tank and doing very very well.

His mushrooms are also super good. (I got a brain buster and a tangerine bounce)
I am trying to figure out what I can safely spend this sale. I have been buying way too much these past few months. I am such an addict. I need help!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I am trying to figure out what I can safely spend this sale. I have been buying way too much these past few months. I am such an addict. I need help!
So am I. I literally spend all of my money on my fish tanks, which leaves me no money for my other hobby’s… (although, if you’re as serious as I am, you really don’t/can’t have any other hobby’s except this one. ;Hilarious )

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So am I. I literally spend all of my money on my fish tanks, which leaves me no money for my other hobby’s… (although, if you’re as serious as I am, you really don’t/can’t have any other hobby’s except this one. ;Hilarious )
I love to roast my own coffee. I was looking to buying a roaster this weekend. I use a cast iron skillet atm. It works, but a coffee roaster takes a way a lot of the manual labor. My husband loves his guitars and pedal board. Now that's an expensive hobby.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I love to roast my own coffee. I was looking to buying a roaster this weekend. I use a cast iron skillet atm. It works, but a coffee roaster takes a way a lot of the manual labor. My husband loves his guitars and pedal board. Now that's an expensive hobby.
I play drums, which is expensive when I need new equipment.

I also collect knives and watches, which are both very expensive.

I want a new knife that’s extremely nice and is considered a “lifetime knife”, which means it should last you for life.

I think I might end up spending my money on this sale… ;Shifty ;Bucktooth ;Sorry ;Facepalm

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I play drums, which is expensive when I need new equipment.

I also collect knives and watches, which are both very expensive.

I want a new knife that’s extremely nice and is considered a “lifetime knife”, which means it should last you for life.

I think I might end up spending my money on this sale… ;Shifty ;Bucktooth ;Sorry ;Facepalm
I don't blame you. Currently my best growers are hammer corals, but if Joe throws up a few nice frogspawn, I may have to snag one or 2.

kpoj9

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Why is there always one more piece of gear, coral, fish that I need…I don’t understand.lol

C2E522EF-FD3F-4223-8660-BC735B95196A.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I head per month, I would have to try to get pics of the new buds. But this is after they settle in. My oldest colonies are 6 months old with 7+ heads each
That’s crazy. Mine hasn’t grown a bit since I got it, but maybe it’s because the tank is still so new.

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That’s crazy. Mine hasn’t grown a bit since I got it, but maybe it’s because the tank is still so new.
No, about 2 months and they settle in, they will begin to split and go on from there. The first split is the longest, after that it's going to be based on you keeping up with their nutrient demands. So, get ready to buy some acropower if you get more hammers, frogs.

I got my hammers when my tank turned 6 months old. It was 1 head each. and they look like this , The colony in the center is very new. The one green one was a bleached from my lfs, that took forever to recover. Its 8 months old and just now started to split and bud.

hammerheads.jpg

Last edited:

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
No, about 2 months and they settle in, they will begin to split and go on from there. The first split is the longest, after that it's going to be based on you keeping up with their nutrient demands. So, get ready to buy some acropower if you get more hammers, frogs.

I got my hammers when my tank turned 6 months old. It was 1 head each. and they look like this , The colony in the center is very new. The one green one was a bleached from my lfs, that took forever to recover. Its 8 months old and just now started to split and bud.

hammerheads.jpg
Gotcha. Nice hammer garden.

Cultivated Reef