Joe's high end acro tank

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am not sure what contaminants you are referring to. I just brought up the convo because it seems odd to me to replace the membrane so often. Very odd. I can go years with mine.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I am not sure what contaminants you are referring to. I just brought up the convo because it seems odd to me to replace the membrane so often. Very odd. I can go years with mine.

Try it and see how your corals respond.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
po4 is down to .30

Going to do another 20% water change tomorrow. Dosed vibrant again about 80% of what the recommended dose is. I really want the po4 to come down, but slowly and systematically. Keeping nitrates at 25.

Now that it's hotter than dog crap on a summer day, have to keep windows closed prolonged. Killing my pH. I am even running a scrubber, too. I think my venturi line isn't pulling that much air which is why my pH is going from 7.8 to 8.26. Was keeping it at 7.97 to 8.37. Yes, my tank consumes A LITTLE LESS with the drop in pH.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budgie smuggler looking great tiday

IMG_20200607_180039_MP.jpg

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Crazy about the ro, does that vendor that tells you about changing them so often also sell them to you ? Lol I'm not sure if I'm sold on that since in this case you would be in the minority of successful sps keepers that change it out so often . Obviously it doesnt have any bad effects by doing it but as far as a game changer and cost effective .. eh . Obviously no offense as you have some beauties for corals and an awesome setup . I guess if it's not broken ...

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy about the ro, does that vendor that tells you about changing them so often also sell them to you ? Lol I'm not sure if I'm sold on that since in this case you would be in the minority of successful sps keepers that change it out so often . Obviously it doesnt have any bad effects by doing it but as far as a game changer and cost effective .. eh . Obviously no offense as you have some beauties for corals and an awesome setup . I guess if it's not broken ...

Nope, he doesn't. But there's no one that has the PE and colors he does, and it's not close.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once our tank settles in a bit and thing stop dying We’re coming back for more frags.

thankfully both The ones we got from you are hanging on

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
po4 is down to .30

Going to do another 20% water change tomorrow. Dosed vibrant again about 80% of what the recommended dose is. I really want the po4 to come down, but slowly and systematically. Keeping nitrates at 25.

Now that it's hotter than dog crap on a summer day, have to keep windows closed prolonged. Killing my pH. I am even running a scrubber, too. I think my venturi line isn't pulling that much air which is why my pH is going from 7.8 to 8.26. Was keeping it at 7.97 to 8.37. Yes, my tank consumes A LITTLE LESS with the drop in pH.
my buddy use to run a air line from the venture through a small hole in the wall that lead to an outside electrical box where it could draw fresh air all the time and you could not even see the tube

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my buddy use to run a air line from the venture through a small hole in the wall that lead to an outside electrical box where it could draw fresh air all the time and you could not even see the tube

Good idea, I just made randys DIY 2 part for high pH. going to run that

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB purpleliscious. It's even cooler in person. You can't even photoshop it because it'd be too bright. My favorite acro
It looks amazing! I actually found your thread after looking at what SSB posted today. I can't find much on his Tenuis.

zoablasto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros are amazing! I'm about to setup a 80 gallon system just for sps dominant! I'll be running an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid with a XR30 Pro, do you think I'll need 2 more Hydra 26 or XR 15 to have enough lighting for acros?

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros are amazing! I'm about to setup a 80 gallon system just for sps dominant! I'll be running an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid with a XR30 Pro, do you think I'll need 2 more Hydra 26 or XR 15 to have enough lighting for acros?

Yeah, i'd run at least 2 XR 15s on that for spread.

OP
OP
J

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once our tank settles in a bit and thing stop dying We’re coming back for more frags.

thankfully both The ones we got from you are hanging on

Sweet! They were recovering when I gave them to you guys. Those are good growers/hardy. They have awesome colors, too. My sunset mille has gained it's color back and then some

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back