Joes Lovestruck LIVE SALE - Feb 13th - Official Thread!

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
!!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! - We will be posting links later this afternoon for alternative shipping dates. The main FedEx Hub in Memphis, TN is expected to receive 8 inches of snow tomorrow, and another 5 a day or two later. Shipping this week is going to be horrendous. We will be happy to ship your order but cannot take any responsibility for delayed shipments under these types of circumstances. Therefore we will offer alternative shipping dates and will do anything necessary to cater to your needs :)

Use coupon code 15-OFF-VALENTINES to get 15% OFF any NEW ORDERS

Any unsold corals are available on the website right now under the LIVE SALE category.

Tomorrow at 12pm Eastern I will post a 15% off coupon for any corals that aren't sold.

We have been known on occasion to issue an even greater discount/coupon at a later time if there are still a lot of unsold corals.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO PAY FOR SHIPPING - See the links below for shipping

Please do not forget to purchase your shipping module or post in our "Local Pickup" thread if applicable. Corals will be available to pickup at Tideline Aquatics in Hannahan as early as Wednesday, but we need to know what approximately what time you will be there. PLEASE VISIT THE LOCAL PICKUP THREAD TO REQUEST LOCAL PICKUP!!!

Below are a few helpful links and information. THANK YOU AGAIN!

CLICK HERE FOR AVAILABLE CORALS

CLICK HERE FOR LIVE SALE SHIPPING

CLICK HERE FOR LOCAL PICKUP

CLICK HERE FOR A LIVE STREAM OF PANDA BEARS

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
!!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! - We will be posting links later this afternoon for alternative shipping dates. The main FedEx Hub in Memphis, TN is expected to receive 8 inches of snow tomorrow, and another 5 a day or two later. Shipping this week is going to be horrendous. We will be happy to ship your order but cannot take any responsibility for delayed shipments under these types of circumstances. Therefore we will offer alternative shipping dates and will do anything necessary to cater to your needs :)

Any unsold corals are available on the website right now under the LIVE SALE category.

Tomorrow at 12pm Eastern I will post a 15% off coupon for any corals that aren't sold.

We have been known on occasion to issue an even greater discount/coupon at a later time if there are still a lot of unsold corals.

Please do not forget to purchase your shipping module or post in our "Local Pickup" thread if applicable. Corals will be available to pickup at Tideline Aquatics in Hannahan as early as Wednesday, but we need to know what approximately what time you will be there. PLEASE VISIT THE LOCAL PICKUP THREAD TO REQUEST LOCAL PICKUP!!!

I would like alternative days.

I would strongly recommend to everyone else they wait. Eight inches of snow can bring Chicago to a halt. I can only imagine Tennessee would be an even bigger mess.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I can wait just l et me know other shipping days when ever. I dont want to take a chance THANKS.

geeb311

View Badges
Reaction score

I just messaged you Joe regarding the shipping.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Prefer alternate shipping date, i.e. the following week.
What’s the procedure for changing after order is placed?
Thanks.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score

How about a 20% off code instead???

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
CLICK HERE for MONDAY 2/22 for TUESDAY 2/23 Arrival - Sign Up - CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE for TUESDAY 2/23 for WEDNESDAY 2/24 Arrival - Sign Up - CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE for WEDNESDAY 2/24 for THURSDAY 2/25 Arrival - Sign Up - CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE for THURSDAY 2/25 for FRIDAY 2/26 Arrival - Sign Up - CLICK HERE

First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU for ALL of the SUPPORT and the HUNDREDS of orders over the past 24 hours during our "Lovestruck Live Sale". Our family is VERY GRACIOUS for your business and vote of confidence with your choice of live coral purchases. We are a family owned and operated VERY SMALL business and we derive over 50% of our annual revenue from massive sales like this one.

Some of you are shipping pros and some of you have never had any coral shipped to you. If you're a pro, you already know the struggles of shipping in inclement weather. If you're not a pro, I will give you a basic overview of what happens when you buy coral and have it shipped overnight via FedEx. Vendor packs coral box in insulated container with heat pack/ice pack (depending on temps), and hands it over to FedEx. FedEx owns their own fleet of aircraft and maintains hundreds of hubs throughout the US. Your box of coral is typically flown out of the origin city hub airport and sent to Memphis, TN; the main FedEx sorting hub. About 90% of overnight packages are routed through this hub. Flights from the origin city typically arrive in Memphis around 11pm and packages are unloaded for the "SORT". The sort takes place over a few hours and packages are sorted and stacked on the appropriate plane to the destination hub. This plane typically departs Memphis around 4-5am and heads to your destination hub. Typically that arrives around 6-7am and local FedEx staff sorts the packages and puts them on the correct truck to drive to your home. Any kink in this chain of custody results in delays. If the origin city is experiencing poor weather, the flight is typically delayed. If delayed too much, it misses the "SORT" in Memphis and doesn't make it to the destination hub in time. This typically results in a one day delay. Now you have an idea of how your package would travel through the FedEx system.

Memphis, TN; the main sorting hub for FedEx, is forecast to receive a total of over 24" of snow over the coming days. Their average annual snowfall is 3 inches. So in essence they are receiving 8 years worth of snow in a 5 day period. This will inevitably cause major aircraft delays, transit problems for employees, and of course very cold weather. In our experience, shipping in circumstances like this are just asking for a travesty. Anything shipped through that hub this coming week is likely to experience a 1-3 day delay on top of the regular one day transit. With that said, we could not in good conscience even ship live animals, let alone guarantee a safe and live arrival. With the wellbeing of the animals at heart, we have decided to postpone shipping and offer alternative shipping options. If you are located within the Carolinas, Eastern Georgia, or Northern Florida, your shipment would likely be unaffected as destinations this close to us (Charleston, SC) typically receive their shipments via local flights or even ground transportation, and never pass through Memphis.

We have created 4 different sign up lists for you to easily and conveniently sign up for your preferred alternative shipping date. If you prefer to go ahead and test your luck with shipping this week, you're more than welcome to. We will happily pack it very well to withstand 48-72 hours. However I cannot guarantee a safe and live arrival with these circumstances. As of now, we will hold your order for a later shipping date UNLESS WE HEAR DIRECTLY FROM YOU REQUESTING WE SHIP THIS WEEK. If you want to ship on your original shipping day, just email me ( [email protected] ) and let me know. Otherwise, please sign up on the appropriate "Shipping Sign Up List" for your preferred alternative shipping date.

In the meantime, I am working with friends and manufacturers to try to obtain some sort of "gift" or "bonus" item to toss in every order to make up for the delay. I am VERY SORRY things have turned out this way. This is only the second time in 10 years that this has happened during one of our sales. The other time was due to a hurricane deciding to fly over us here in Charleston.

Again, thank you for your orders and your business!

We literally have 300-400 orders spread out across ~150 customers. So we are trying to do everything within our power to keep this as organized as possible so that we don't miss your order or shipping request. With that said, below are links to sign up for your preferred shipping date.

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would like alternative days.

I would strongly recommend to everyone else they wait. Eight inches of snow can bring Chicago to a halt. I can only imagine Tennessee would be an even bigger mess.

I can wait just l et me know other shipping days when ever. I dont want to take a chance THANKS.

I just messaged you Joe regarding the shipping.

Prefer alternate shipping date, i.e. the following week.
What’s the procedure for changing after order is placed?
Thanks.

I am ok2wait. In fact my corals from another east coast vendor live sales still stuck in their farm since 2/4 due to snow

Hello everyone...please read the post above and select the correct link to sign up for your preferred date. Thank you

reefrider777

View Badges
Reaction score
How about a 20% off code instead???
Why cant you be happy with a 15% off code already reduced prices? Why do people always think they are entitled to something more? JKR has no control of the weather and is trying to do what’s best with the situation. Sorry rant over. I’m sure he is also getting messages for shipping changes and then people not following directions and wanting to be added to the grand prizes after the 12:00 deadline.

lzman0506

View Badges
Reaction score

First of all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU for ALL of the SUPPORT and the HUNDREDS of orders over the past 24 hours during our "Lovestruck Live Sale". Our family is VERY GRACIOUS for your business and vote of confidence with your choice of live coral purchases. We are a family owned and operated VERY SMALL business and we derive over 50% of our annual revenue from massive sales like this one.

Some of you are shipping pros and some of you have never had any coral shipped to you. If you're a pro, you already know the struggles of shipping in inclement weather. If you're not a pro, I will give you a basic overview of what happens when you buy coral and have it shipped overnight via FedEx. Vendor packs coral box in insulated container with heat pack/ice pack (depending on temps), and hands it over to FedEx. FedEx owns their own fleet of aircraft and maintains hundreds of hubs throughout the US. Your box of coral is typically flown out of the origin city hub airport and sent to Memphis, TN; the main FedEx sorting hub. About 90% of overnight packages are routed through this hub. Flights from the origin city typically arrive in Memphis around 11pm and packages are unloaded for the "SORT". The sort takes place over a few hours and packages are sorted and stacked on the appropriate plane to the destination hub. This plane typically departs Memphis around 4-5am and heads to your destination hub. Typically that arrives around 6-7am and local FedEx staff sorts the packages and puts them on the correct truck to drive to your home. Any kink in this chain of custody results in delays. If the origin city is experiencing poor weather, the flight is typically delayed. If delayed too much, it misses the "SORT" in Memphis and doesn't make it to the destination hub in time. This typically results in a one day delay. Now you have an idea of how your package would travel through the FedEx system.

Memphis, TN; the main sorting hub for FedEx, is forecast to receive a total of over 24" of snow over the coming days. Their average annual snowfall is 3 inches. So in essence they are receiving 8 years worth of snow in a 5 day period. This will inevitably cause major aircraft delays, transit problems for employees, and of course very cold weather. In our experience, shipping in circumstances like this are just asking for a travesty. Anything shipped through that hub this coming week is likely to experience a 1-3 day delay on top of the regular one day transit. With that said, we could not in good conscience even ship live animals, let alone guarantee a safe and live arrival. With the wellbeing of the animals at heart, we have decided to postpone shipping and offer alternative shipping options. If you are located within the Carolinas, Eastern Georgia, or Northern Florida, your shipment would likely be unaffected as destinations this close to us (Charleston, SC) typically receive their shipments via local flights or even ground transportation, and never pass through Memphis.

We have created 4 different sign up lists for you to easily and conveniently sign up for your preferred alternative shipping date. If you prefer to go ahead and test your luck with shipping this week, you're more than welcome to. We will happily pack it very well to withstand 48-72 hours. However I cannot guarantee a safe and live arrival with these circumstances. As of now, we will hold your order for a later shipping date UNLESS WE HEAR DIRECTLY FROM YOU REQUESTING WE SHIP THIS WEEK. If you want to ship on your original shipping day, just email me ( [email protected] ) and let me know. Otherwise, please sign up on the appropriate "Shipping Sign Up List" for your preferred alternative shipping date.

In the meantime, I am working with friends and manufacturers to try to obtain some sort of "gift" or "bonus" item to toss in every order to make up for the delay. I am VERY SORRY things have turned out this way. This is only the second time in 10 years that this has happened during one of our sales. The other time was due to a hurricane deciding to fly over us here in Charleston.

Again, thank you for your orders and your business!

We literally have 300-400 orders spread out across ~150 customers. So we are trying to do everything within our power to keep this as organized as possible so that we don't miss your order or shipping request. With that said, below are links to sign up for your preferred shipping date.

hahaha the craziness that is the 2020s keeps a coming. I as many completely understand the struggle. Does this same shipping process apply to more local ships? We are in Irmo. What ship date would you recommend? I’d rather have alive over fast! Lol Thanks for such a fun experience as this was our first live sale!

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
hahaha the craziness that is the 2020s keeps a coming. I as many completely understand the struggle. Does this same shipping process apply to more local ships? We are in Irmo. What ship date would you recommend? I’d rather have alive over fast! Lol Thanks for such a fun experience as this was our first live sale!
We can ship to Irmo no problem! The box will never hit an airplane and while the weather here is lousy, it poses no problems for shipping. Please shoot me an email with your name and order numbers and we'll get you taken care of.

BaseballRuyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We can ship to Irmo no problem! The box will never hit an airplane and while the weather here is lousy, it poses no problems for shipping. Please shoot me an email with your name and order numbers and we'll get you taken care of.
I was looking around for the code that was gonna be posted at noon. I for whatever reason can’t find it. I’m probably just not looking hard enough. But I was just curious what it was

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was looking around for the code that was gonna be posted at noon. I for whatever reason can’t find it. I’m probably just not looking hard enough. But I was just curious what it was
ENJOY!!!

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!!!

We have a couple of winners to announce....

For the MP40 - LEWIS BURCH - Congratulations!

For the GRAND PRIZE - SHELDON PICCOTT - Congratulations!

Thank you everyone! Please remember to check the posts above about shipping and please sign up for the appropriate replacement shipping date or email me with any questions [email protected]

Thank you!

So what do you think about running carbon as a filter for your aquariums?

• Underrated

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Overrated

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Just Right

Votes: 14 73.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Custom Request Reef Accessories