Joe's Scorchin' Summer Live Sale - June 12th - OFFICIAL THREAD

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Look how much the hammer has already extended!

When it was first added:
534E58F7-0020-48AF-A340-8CBA4A752CC6.jpeg

Now:
F1C5ECE7-B6D6-4273-AED7-BAF8C86EE305.jpeg

T-J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Woot!!
Thanks @Joe Knows Reefs ! First class packaging! One of the first things that helps me decide if I'll re-order from a vendor is their packaging. Joe had two cold packs, and the bag temps were PERFECT inside, even though it was 108 at noon when they were delivered. No water leaks. Everything HEAT SEALED and acros in protective cups. Looks like these packages didn't move at all during shipping.
Oh, and Swedish Fish. I love those stupid candies!
IMG_1499.jpeg
IMG_1500.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you so much @Joe Knows Reefs for such a wonderful event!! Now I just need to convince the Mayor to buy another tank so I can fill it!!! I cannot wait to get these beauties in on Friday:
Bounce Shroom.png
Brain Buster.png
Dumpster Fire.png
Pink Interstellar.png
Mottled Hammer.png
Orange Peach Hammer.png
Orange Pink Frogspawn.png
Orange Plate.png
You will really enjoy the tangerine, the bounce, and the hammer. I got all 3. :)

tbrown3589

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Lookin good guys! I'm looking forward to Friday. I may have cheated a little and found some free birdsnest and picked some up yesterday after work...
IMG_20210614_184524_01.jpg

There's 5 3"-4" sticks there. I brought them home and the first words out of my wife's mouth were "You've got to get rid of those cichlids..."

Good news?
:cool: :D

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I think I got fedex’d. Took the day off work because mine were supposed to be delivered by 10:30am today. Then fedex updated and I got the end of day. Now its 9:08pm and they are still sitting at the fedex facility. Poor corals
FedEx shipping is horrible. It said they would be coming in before 12, then it said by end of day. Ended up not getting them delivered until 12:30.

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Really appreciate the feedback and the positivity about our packaging. Any vendor out there started as a hobbyist and I'm no different. One of my pet peeves is receiving new corals in a wet and soggy box or unprotected corals. It doesn't take that much extra effort to secure the corals and make sure bags don't leak. As you can see, we use the thickest 6 mil bags, heat sealed and corals protected in some form. We try to toss in some sort of extra little treat or goody too.

If you're pleased with your experience, PLEASE share on the Vendor Feedback forum here:

If you're NOT PLEASED, PLEASE reach out to me either via email or PM. We can always improve and we value your feedback.

With regards to FedEx - all carriers have experienced a SURGE in volume since COVID struck. Everyone has figured out they can easily buy stuff online and never leave the house or just stay safer by buying online. UPS and FedEx are both experiencing around 3x the volume they had before COVID. Priority Overnight service used to be delivered in most areas by 1030am. Some rural areas were 1200pm. NOW the previous 1030am areas are 1200 and the previous 1200pm areas are 400pm. Depending on volume, some days delivery times are adjusted to "End of Business Day". Unfortunately this is out of our control. On the plus side, we package very well. Our corals can easily withstand 2-3 days in a box. We have even shipped stuff on a Thursday and it didn't arrive until Monday with only 1 DOA out of 9 pieces. I know it can be frustrating waiting on your box. I like to have packages held at the local hub when possible. This prevents the package from riding on a truck all day. Also, packages are typically available for pickup by 830-900am.

Thanks again and PLEASE post in the Vendor Feedback forum with your positive experiences :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/vendor-feedback.18/

tbrown3589

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
A photographer I am not! Everything arrived alive and even got some extras! The hammer is a little upset, but I'm hoping a little bit of rest will help wake it up. Only complaint I have is with FedEx delivering the box on it's side but the packaging was great and the corals didn't suffer any I'll effects. The cold packs were lukewarm sue to the temperature outside but the water wasn't hot which is saying something considering it was 118 degrees when the box was placed at my door.
IMG_20210618_141707819~2.jpg
IMG_20210618_141313835~2.jpg
IMG_20210618_141246448~2.jpg
IMG_20210618_141240614~2.jpg
IMG_20210618_131335699~2.jpg
IMG_20210618_131011180.jpg
IMG_20210618_130644860.jpg

TigNJaxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
live-sale-2021-june-flyer-SMALL.jpg

Things are heating up and our tanks are full... That means it's time for another HOT Live Sale here on R2R with out fellow reefing family!

We invite you to JOIN US RIGHT HERE on JUNE 12th FROM 6pm - MIDNIGHT (Eastern) for our
"Scorchin' Summer Live Sale"

TEASER PICS!!!

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

Want to win a $200 gift card for use DURING the sale? It's pretty easy. Follow the steps below and you will be automatically entered into a drawing for a $200 gift card that can be used DURING (or after) the sale.

1 - "LIKE" our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/joeknowsreefs/

2 - "SHARE" our Facebook post about the sale:

3 - Sign-Up for our newsletter
https://mailchi.mp/joeknowsreefs/newsletter

4 - Make a post in THIS thread

5 - When completed with the steps above, send an email to [email protected] with your name so that we can verify your entry and I will send a confirmation reply.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY IS FRIDAY JUNE 11th at 8pm Eastern

ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD PLEASE

The winner will be drawn and listed in this thread on Friday June 11th at 9pm Eastern

FREE GIFT CARDS!!!

We are offering an EXCITING NEW PRIZE system on this Live Sale. It is a new idea, but I think it will work well. We will be periodically checking this thread from now until the actual sale date. We also need a little help keeping this thread near the top of the R2R feed. Sooo, here are the details...

Every evening when we check THIS THREAD, we will issue a
FREE GIFT CARD for use DURING the sale!!! The winner will be the R2R user who made the most recent post/reply in this thread. For example, if I come on at 8pm tonight and you were the most recent user to post in this thread, I will issue you a FREE GIFT CARD for use during the sale.

We will issue
FREE GIFT CARDS in varying amounts, ranging from $10 - $50. YES, that's right, $50 FOR FREE!

So make sure you check back frequently and engage in our post!

SHIPPING ONLY $19!!
Shipping for this sale is a flat rate $29 HOWEVER if you purchase your shipping module by 6/7 you will receive a $10 credit for use during the sale. That makes your shipping ONLY $19! To receive the credit, simply purchase your shipping module and shoot me a PM here or an email to [email protected]
SHIPPING MODULES AVAILABLE NOW!!!
Click here to purchase shipping module now

WIN an Aquavitro Division 250 Protein Skimmer, Element M Media Reactor, Element Calcium Reactor and MORE!!!
From the fine people at Seachem Labratories, Aquavtitro is their PREMIER product line consisting of high quality aquarium additives, tools and NOW EQUIPMENT too! I am happy to announce our GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be receiving an Aquavitro Divsion 250 Skimmer AND Element Calcium Reactor - A COMBINED VALUE OVER $600!!! We have been working with the Seachem team for years we love this company's high end product line.. The guys over there have been gracious enough to help out by providing us with these prizes. We will also be giving away an Element M Media Reactor to one lucky winner!!

ELEMENT M MEDIA REACTOR PRIZE DETAILS - Total purchases totaling more than $200 qualify for a drawing for a FREE Aquavitro Element M Media Reactor. To enter YOU MUST EMAIL ME AT [email protected] dot COM with your order numbers to total $200+. Email entry due by NOON Eastern Sunday 6/13. Failure to submit your entry via email by NOON Eastern on Sunday 6/13 will result in disqualification

aquavitro.png
element-calcium-reactor.png
division-250-skimmer.png

FREE AQUAVITRO "FUEL" OR SEACHEM "REEF DIP" WITH EVERY ORDER!!! ***LIMITED TO THE FIRST 75 ORDERS***

Comprehensive carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid supplement for corals
Ascorbic acid in a base of chlorella
Makes a trace element supplement unnecessary

fuel.jpg
reef-dip.jpg

Joe Knows Reefs Live Sale Rules & Info:

• WYSIWYG corals will be posted in this thread beginning at 6pm (EDT) on Saturday June 12th.
  • Each post will contain a picture of the coral, price and a link to our website to purchase the coral.
  • The first person to successfully "checkout" with the coral will "win" the coral. Just because the coral is in your shopping cart does NOT mean it is yours...the "checkout" process must be completed.
  • We will ONLY accept Credit Cards during the sale. Our website is encrypted with a dedicated SSL Certificate for security measures. The reason for not accepting PayPal is due to the possibility of people checking out with the same coral. Eliminating multiple payment gateways also reduces the chances of this happening
  • You MUST create an account to purchase any of the corals in this sale. This helps us AND you - to ensure your corals wind up at the proper destination etc.
  • Corals will be posted at random during the sale. Typically within every 15 minute window a post of 8-14 corals will be made. Those posts could occur at 12:02 or 12:14...or we may even make a post at 12:14 & 12:16 to spice things up...
  • STOCK FRAGS: Frags labeled "stock" are corals that we maintain a deep inventory of. The frag pictured is representative of the frag you'll receive. We guarantee you will receive a frag of the same coral of equivalent or BETTER size, color & quality. These pieces are priced lower as a result of not being 100% WYSIWYG. If you are unsatisfied with your "stock frag", simply contact us and we will credit your purchase 100%!
  • Private messages WILL NOT be answered during the sale.
  • Rarely, due to technical glitches, two customers may end up purchasing the same coral. This has only happened a handful of times in the past. If this occurs, the first transaction to post will win the coral. The second customer will either have the option for a replacement or full refund.
  • All orders are final - no exchanges, add-ons, or refunds - no exceptions. However our "Arrive-Alive" guarantee WILL apply. In the event that a coral arrives DOA the customer MUST provide a clear photo of the DOA coral within 2 hours. After approval, the customer will be provided with a full credit towards a future purchase.
Shipping Info
  • Shipping will be a flat $29 for this sale BUT if you purchase shipping before 6/7, you will receive a $10 credit for use during the sale. That make's shipping only $19 - THAT'S RIGHT - ONLY $19 SHIPPING!!!
  • LOCAL PICKUP
    I will post the exact details, however anyone wishing to do LOCAL PICKUP will be able to pickup their corals at Tideline Aquatics in Hannahan, SC on any day from Wednesday 6/16 - Saturday 6/19 during their normal business hours. After the sale, we will post a thread to sign up for local pickup. You must sign up in this thread to be able to pickup your corals at Tideline. ALSO, you will receive a GIFT CARD to Tideline for 5% of your order total.
  • Shipping will be provided by FedEx Priority Overnight service with delivery by 12:00pm in most areas.
  • SHIPPING MODULE CAN BE PURCHASED HERE available now
  • There will be NO FREE SHIPPING on this sale - we will already be selling items at a lower rate than normal AND we also incur the cost of shipping containers and ice packs etc.
  • We will not combine shipping with other customers. If you and your friend want to split your corals, you must do so under one account. Combining orders on a sale this large makes things very complicated on our end.
Prizes
  • SHIPPING MODULE PRIZE - Purchase your shipping module BEFORE the sale and be entered to win a $50 Gift Card for use DURING the sale/ Shipping module must be purchased before 8pm (Eastern) on Friday June 11th. Drawing will be at 9pm Eastern that day. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE SHIPPING MODULE NOW
  • $1 & $3 & $5 CORALS - We will post at least two $1 & $3 & $5 coral per hour, some hours will contain more. Maximum purchase per customer is two and a REGULAR SALE PURCHASE IS REQUIRED. IF YOU PURCHASE MORE THAN TWO, WE WILL REFUND THE REMAINING $1/3/5 CORALS AND SHIP THE REMAINING PORTION OF YOUR ORDER WITHOUT THEM.
  • VARIOUS PRIZES - We will offer other various prizes DURING the sale. For example when things slow down, we may offer a $50 gift card to the first person to successfully answer a saltwater trivia question etc.
  • GRAND PRIZE - Aquavitro Division 250 Skimmer & Element Calcium Reactor. For everyone that stays with us for the ENTIRE 6 hours, you will be entered into the drawing for the GRAND PRIZE. YOU MUST make a post EVERY HOUR during the 6 hour sale. YOU MUST make a purchase during the sale. When the sale is over you must send a PM with the list of your post numbers (upper right corner of your post) for each post. Winner will be posted in this thread Sunday February 14th at 9pm EST. ***ONLY ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD***

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
What are some non-toxic corals that are hearty enough to put in a beginner tank? Where to start.
So by the looks of your posts, you just are starting to cycle your tank? The aquascape looks great and you've done a good job setting it up but....

You're going to make sure to wait a good while before putting corals in, I hope you know. Based on the build, it appears that you've done research and probably know this, but I still need to say it haha.

After your tank has gone through its ugly phase and has had plenty of time to mature (multiple months), there are plenty of good LPS and softies to look into.

Is your aquarium water as CLEAR as you would like?

• YES

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • NO

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Don't care that much

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
Inkbird