Joe's Scorchin' Summer Live Sale - June 12th - OFFICIAL THREAD

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yes, I am impatiently waiting to put anything in. This question was purely for research/educating myself. Thanks!
Totally understand that! It is honestly the single hardest thing in this hobby, IMO. Not just for putting livestock in the tank, but being patient to fully do research on the livestock, being patient to fix and address potential issues with the tank, and being patient to verify any changes made to the system have positive results (or negative for nuisance situations).

I personally think you should start with softies and more "beginner" LPS like hammers/frogspawn, zoas/plays, blastos, etc. This will get you used to the difference in coral care and water parameters to monitor as opposed to FOWLR tanks. Be careful with GSP as I've heard it can spread like wild fire. Tidal Gardens has a lot of great care videos on YouTube for different corals...

Thats my 2c! Good luck

Dempsey941

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The Media Reactor from from the raffle showed up today!!! Super excited, not sure where/it will fit in my sump, but we'll figure it out!

20210626_103840.jpg

sarapress

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Really appreciate the feedback and the positivity about our packaging. Any vendor out there started as a hobbyist and I'm no different. One of my pet peeves is receiving new corals in a wet and soggy box or unprotected corals. It doesn't take that much extra effort to secure the corals and make sure bags don't leak. As you can see, we use the thickest 6 mil bags, heat sealed and corals protected in some form. We try to toss in some sort of extra little treat or goody too.

If you're pleased with your experience, PLEASE share on the Vendor Feedback forum here:

If you're NOT PLEASED, PLEASE reach out to me either via email or PM. We can always improve and we value your feedback.

With regards to FedEx - all carriers have experienced a SURGE in volume since COVID struck. Everyone has figured out they can easily buy stuff online and never leave the house or just stay safer by buying online. UPS and FedEx are both experiencing around 3x the volume they had before COVID. Priority Overnight service used to be delivered in most areas by 1030am. Some rural areas were 1200pm. NOW the previous 1030am areas are 1200 and the previous 1200pm areas are 400pm. Depending on volume, some days delivery times are adjusted to "End of Business Day". Unfortunately this is out of our control. On the plus side, we package very well. Our corals can easily withstand 2-3 days in a box. We have even shipped stuff on a Thursday and it didn't arrive until Monday with only 1 DOA out of 9 pieces. I know it can be frustrating waiting on your box. I like to have packages held at the local hub when possible. This prevents the package from riding on a truck all day. Also, packages are typically available for pickup by 830-900am.

Thanks again and PLEASE post in the Vendor Feedback forum with your positive experiences :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/vendor-feedback.18/
hi there! i purchased a shipping module for this event but didn't end up buying anything. will be we refunded for shipping? i sent an email through the website but didn't hear anything. thank you!

OP
Joe Knows Reefs

Joe Knows Reefs

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
hi there! i purchased a shipping module for this event but didn't end up buying anything. will be we refunded for shipping? i sent an email through the website but didn't hear anything. thank you!
Hi there! Can you send me your name or order number please? Or just post your order number here and I will get it taken care of. I'll also issue a small credit towards a future purchase for the inconvenience. Thank you!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Will you get a refund if you pre purchase shipping module but don't get anything?
Do you mean in his Christmas in July sale?

But yes. If you purchase the shipping module, but don’t end up getting anything, he will refund your purchase of the module.

PICK the Most Tested & Least Tested Parameters of your Tank (Pick 2)

• Calcium (most)

Votes: 43 6.4%
  • Alkalinity (most)

Votes: 469 70.1%
  • Magnesium (most)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Phosphate (most)

Votes: 59 8.8%
  • PH (most)

Votes: 66 9.9%
  • Nitrate (most)

Votes: 64 9.6%