minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
eca86085790fec258c183027a819ce59.jpg

Dark matter! Time for the weekly cleaning.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build. I've always had a thing for wide and shallow. I too went with powder coated steel for the stand on my latest... I'll probably never build another wooden stand again. Too easy, open, and you _know_ it's secure.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the build. I've always had a thing for wide and shallow. I too went with powder coated steel for the stand on my latest... I'll probably never build another wooden stand again. Too easy, open, and you _know_ it's secure.
Thanks! I'll have to check out your build, looks promising.
If I had the room, I would've gone 4x4x18, but this will do the trick for a long time. I've always wanted a tank that seemed like low tide in a lagoon, just peering down in shallow water.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I finished the thread, very nice build. Love the stand and the thought you put into mounting the lights. No offense to others, but I see these amazing ways we incorporate a tank into our homes and then hang a light from a wire with a bunch of cords all over. Very nice, very clean and the tank looks great. Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, besides adding a carpenter's flasher wrasse, I found a filamented flasher a week later. Both are in qt and doing well after their first round of prazipro. Second round starts tomorrow, then I'll observe before adding them to my tank.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it's been quite some time since my last update, but here's the short version, kinda. I finally sent in my first ICP test and the results were a little alarming. I knew there were some issues, but I wasn't expecting these results. Mostly heavy metals contaminants, which could've been the result of a rusty magnet in my water change bucket used my on 22g? I didn't use the magnet on this tank, but I did use some sand and the LR, so who knows where the metals came from? Everything on this tank is brand new, but that didn't stop me from inspecting every magnet and impeller, everything is in the clear (that I can see?).
I did remove a piece of table rock, which had a healthy growth of GHA that never seem to go away, even after scrubbing it clean several times. Per Triton's recommendations, I'm in the process of doing 6 15% water changes over the next six weeks. Prior to the first water change, I added a Poly Filter for three days, then used Detox, then ran some carbon for day. After removing the carbon, I noticed some polyp extension on a few sps for the first time in a couple months and a little color too.
In other good news, I added all three flasher wrasses to my DT and they've been hanging together in the front. It's nice to see more movement and the flashing is always entertaining. I'll try to post some pix and the results of my ICP test when I get the chance. There's more to report, but it's time to make the donuts, woohoo!

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been doing a lot of work behind the scenes, so I'll have to give a detailed update soon. I'm sending in another ICP test this week, so we'll see how things have improved? Thanks for the kind words. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm moving in the right direction, finally. Cheers to all of the veterans and the men and women currently serving. Stay safe!

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome!
Thanks! It's been a long road, but it seems to be on an upswing. My second ICP test was pretty positive, with only one heavy metal present (Tin), but a little Cuprisorb goes a long way and everything is responding well and starting to color up. Hopefully I'll start acquiring some frags soon?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back