OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tonight I'm going to start using the diy coral snow and see if I can reduce the vermitid snail population? I didn't get the chance to frag anything (had to finish work) this weekend, but I did manage to frag a branch of my purple stag that was growing into an Aussie piece, but not before the tip was consumed by the Aussie. Also need to frag the A. florida, which is beating up my milli a little.
I have a friend looking for Fusilier damsels for me, he sources and qt's fish for hobbyist and his prices are great. Hopefully I can add some movement to the tank soon? Or at least help my current fish come out in the open more.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, every now and then I'm guilty of an impulse purchase and yesterday was no exception. No pics yet, but I bought a striped blenny from petco. He looked awesome and healthy (probably because it just came in) and he's captive bred, so I couldn't pass him up. Plus I had rewards cash, so $10 for a captive bred fish isn't bad. Right now he's in my observation tank with my mollies.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
13B99EB5-4C14-45C8-A281-AB6A4CF74F73.jpeg

Not the best pic, but this guy is pretty cool. Might have to get a trio? Maybe I should clean the front panel? Maintenance fail. :p

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As luck would have it, I woke up this morning to the BRS door busters black Friday sale and saw the COR20 on sale. So I used the money from selling my Nyos skimmer and pulled the trigger. Finally I'll be able lose the reeflink/ecosmart live and my vectra M1. I'm not sure if I'll keep the M1 as a backup or sell it with the reeflink?
On today's agenda, fragging! I honestly hate fragging, but it's a necessary task at this point. My pink table is wrapping itself around another table and my spath is starting to zap my confetti. Also, my Miyagi tort is growing into my Duncan, which has created some funky tips.
I need to take some pics before I start chopping though. I don't have the room to hold many frags, so hopefully I'll be able to find some local interested parties?
Cheers!

blooper01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, simply gorgeous. I really marvel at aquariums that look alive and not over loaded (if that makes sense). Your system is not only easy on the eyes, it looks healthy. I have seen a lot of tanks that are full of life and loads of organisms, but they don't look "alive" or healthy. Your system captures all the elements of success, in my opinion. I hope you understand what I am meaning :) Beautiful aquarium.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love it, simply gorgeous. I really marvel at aquariums that look alive and not over loaded (if that makes sense). Your system is not only easy on the eyes, it looks healthy. I have seen a lot of tanks that are full of life and loads of organisms, but they don't look "alive" or healthy. Your system captures all the elements of success, in my opinion. I hope you understand what I am meaning :) Beautiful aquarium.
Thank you so much for the kind words and yes, I know what you mean. I still have a long way to go, but as long as it's moving in the right direction, I really can't complain.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
27D12A72-66BB-422A-8E2D-E0CB8AEE6DFB.jpeg

Today I said goodbye to my little dragon. I had him for 5+ years and he didn't get any bigger than the day I brought him home, so who knows how old he was? I noticed for the past couple days that he stopped eating and would only peck at a few pods here and there. I moved him to the fuge where it was low flow and full of pods and he just kinda sat around. I figured at that point it was his time. Such a cool little guy and he'll be missed by all of his tank mates and me.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear it what a cool fish!
Thanks! Yeah, they’re pretty cool and always active, which I love. I have a striped blenny that I’m going to add in the next day or two and I can already tell that he has a lot of personality. Very cool fish.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that purple/red (tenuis?) that thing is very unique looking. What is the top right piece in the other tenuis picture, is it grafted?

Tank is looking great man, well done!

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like that purple/red (tenuis?) that thing is very unique looking. What is the top right piece in the other tenuis picture, is it grafted?

Tank is looking great man, well done!
The purple/red one next to the green florida? That’s a milli and it has bright pink tips, kinda electric in person. The square looking frag on the sand? That one I’m not sure, it was another rescue piece that could be a named piece, but I have a larger mini colony too. What number pic in case I’m talking about a different one?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1949A0F8-E125-465A-B389-A9903155B650.jpeg
@Smite this one? It has some funky growth from those darn barnacles/worms, but it’s a pretty cool piece. It could be a PC rainbow? Have of the pieces I have are from a rescue system, most of which were named pieces, but were in such bad shape that you really couldn’t tell what was what.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! If thats pc rainbow I'd say you have it placed perfectly. I got red and that orangish color from mine but that one is nice.

I went to quote the post and spotted the base in another picture. I think it's Pink Cadillac maybe? Second picture down is the post I was referring to originally. That tenuis is very nice. If you ever frag that confetti I want to buy a piece! gorgeous

Edit, I'm looking at the picture again, maybe it's just a shaded area, or does it actually have a grafted type line in the encrusted section? Great piece.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back