OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whoa! If thats pc rainbow I'd say you have it placed perfectly. I got red and that orangish color from mine but that one is nice.

I went to quote the post and spotted the base in another picture. I think it's Pink Cadillac maybe? Second picture down is the post I was referring to originally. That tenuis is very nice. If you ever frag that confetti I want to buy a piece! gorgeous

Edit, I'm looking at the picture again, maybe it's just a shaded area, or does it actually have a grafted type line in the encrusted section? Great piece.
Yeah, it’s been getting better with time, but the funny thing is the frag on the sand is just as colorful as the other piece, which is up kinda high. That’s a pink caddy or it wants to be. It’s starting to color up more, but very sensitive to minor changes. It’s another piece that’s plagued by those barnacles, so it has weird color. The tenuis that’s next to the caddy is the piece that I want to give you, I have a little frag on some rubble, so it will be easy to mount. I’m probably going to frag some stuff this weekend, I just wanted to wait until my phosphate started to come down a little, it started to get high on me again. I’m probably going to run rowaphos 24/7 now, but only a couple tablespoons. I’m thinking about picking up the new aquamaxx sigma in sump reactor to make my life a little easier. I’ll save a frag of confetti for you.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fitst time i see your thread, nice build!
I really like your stand and the canopy, might go this way at some point.

Sorry for the pipefish, they seem to be fun to watch.
I'm considering getting one to prey on the white bugs if they ever come back.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fitst time i see your thread, nice build!
I really like your stand and the canopy, might go this way at some point.

Sorry for the pipefish, they seem to be fun to watch.
I'm considering getting one to prey on the white bugs if they ever come back.
Thank you! They're awesome fish and you can watch them all day. Also, consider 8020 as a stand.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
96CB3D7C-614D-4562-8C38-E2A3F5A95B22.jpeg

I managed to make a couple frags, two pink tables and two confetti. Tomorrow I'll make a few more confetti frags, then take a complete branch of my lime in the sky. I dislodged my acid rain table while grabbing the pink table, so I'll have to find a new spot for it to grow without competition from another sps.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I decided to swap out my equipment board for a piece of black abs and clean things up a bit. Plus I was going to hook up my new COR20 pump, but after reconnecting my apex, the EB832 just started clicking and doesn't supply power to the outlets. I submitted a support ticket to Neptune, but this is kinda ridiculous. I have two EB8's that I've been using that work just fine (one of them is from my classic).
I have the new board up, but can't really finish anything until I get this EB832 working. :mad:;Rage;Punch

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
$200 later and I have a new EB832 on the way. I'll eventually crack open mtg old one and see if there's anything I can do? I was going to hold onto my Vectra M1 as a backup, but I may have to sell it sooner than anticipated?
On top of this, my recirculation pump on my Geo CaRx needs to be replaced and it's barely 2 years old. I forgot to register the pump when I bought the reactor and the LFS I bought it from its longer in businesses, so I'm double . New pump comes today, so there's lots to do, but it will have to wait. Finally started working again, so back to TV land for me.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that sucks! 3 years isn’t near enough time to need to be switching out parts.

What replacement for the geo did you go with? I’m waiting on geo for my replacements from my moment during my transfer. Excited yet nervous to transfer over to that haha.

I’ve never seen a pod that large, crazy!

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
dang that sucks! 3 years isn’t near enough time to need to be switching out parts.

What replacement for the geo did you go with? I’m waiting on geo for my replacements from my moment during my transfer. Excited yet nervous to transfer over to that haha.

I’ve never seen a pod that large, crazy!
I got the same pump, Sicce syncra 1.5 to make swapping as easy as possible. I also bought a backup just in case, I had to take advantage of black Friday sales while I could. I couldn't believe how much detritus I had built up in my reactors, I'm sure it was contributing to my nutrients a little.

Davedave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
310f5a5823f17be75c65e45008af3d01.jpg

A little bit of plumbing and under stand lighting finished. Time to finish plumbing and get some water in this tank.
Did you put gfi outlets behind the stand for safety? Set up looks choice. Eager to hear your thoughts on the AP700. They discontinued it, I suspect recently, and I was considering a pair for my reef.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you put gfi outlets behind the stand for safety? Set up looks choice. Eager to hear your thoughts on the AP700. They discontinued it, I suspect recently, and I was considering a pair for my reef.
Yes. I installed a 20 or 30 amp breaker for the tank, so it's on a separate circuit with gfci. I liked the AP700's, but the software and built in Wi-Fi are less than stellar. I would buy the AP9X or 360x's. Avoid the AP700 altogether, unless you find one real cheap. Depending on your tank size and shape, that will determine which light to choose?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Before my EB832 took a nosedive, I was running a small experiment in the background to see how my nutrients would react to less or more phyto and zooplankton. I was initially dosing 1.8mL 4x a day on both Evo and EasyBooster. My phosphates would range from .22ppm to .16ppm (give or take a little both ways) while I was using rowaphos at about 4 to 5 tablespoons. I had stopped using TM Elimi-NP and only dosing bacteria once a week (prodibio). I reduced my dosing to 1.2mL each dose for the past week and a half, still running rowaphos 24/7, about 2.25oz (4 or 5tbsp). This morning I checked my PO4 and it had jumped to .33ppm. On top of that, my alk has increased (as I thought it would with PO4 that high) to 10.58dkh. So now I'm increasing Evo and EasyBooster to 2mL 4x a day.
After fragging my confetti and pink table over a week ago, it's no wonder they're not healing as fast as they should. Color is still good on 98% of my sps, but there are a few holdouts and now I know why.
I'm contemplating buying the larger Deltec 1000i, but I'll probably hold off until the new year.
Well, time to clean the glass and make another breakout/toggle box for a friend.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before my EB832 took a nosedive, I was running a small experiment in the background to see how my nutrients would react to less or more phyto and zooplankton. I was initially dosing 1.8mL 4x a day on both Evo and EasyBooster. My phosphates would range from .22ppm to .16ppm (give or take a little both ways) while I was using rowaphos at about 4 to 5 tablespoons. I had stopped using TM Elimi-NP and only dosing bacteria once a week (prodibio). I reduced my dosing to 1.2mL each dose for the past week and a half, still running rowaphos 24/7, about 2.25oz (4 or 5tbsp). This morning I checked my PO4 and it had jumped to .33ppm. On top of that, my alk has increased (as I thought it would with PO4 that high) to 10.58dkh. So now I'm increasing Evo and EasyBooster to 2mL 4x a day.
After fragging my confetti and pink table over a week ago, it's no wonder they're not healing as fast as they should. Color is still good on 98% of my sps, but there are a few holdouts and now I know why.
I'm contemplating buying the larger Deltec 1000i, but I'll probably hold off until the new year.
Well, time to clean the glass and make another breakout/toggle box for a friend.
So it's safe to say you like the evo and easybooster? Just curious as I've thought to try it.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So it's safe to say you like the evo and easybooster? Just curious as I've thought to try it.
Yeah, my tank responded immediately to it in a very positive way. A little goes a long way and if your tank is bigger than 70 or 80 gallons, then the larger bags are the way to go. I initially started with the 250mL bags to test the waters, so it doesn't cost much to give it a try. I have so much micro fauna, it's crazy and I contribute that to the Evo and EasyBooster, also my heavy feeding hand.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my tank responded immediately to it in a very positive way. A little goes a long way and if your tank is bigger than 70 or 80 gallons, then the larger bags are the way to go. I initially started with the 250mL bags to test the waters, so it doesn't cost much to give it a try. I have so much micro fauna, it's crazy and I contribute that to the Evo and EasyBooster, also my heavy feeding hand.
Nice I may have to give it a try!

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
E1E1BFED-0758-4754-8DD8-5B2D8C78085C.jpeg

Woke up this morning to find this happening. Not how I wanted to start the week. I'm trying to let the alk come down on its own by dialing back my CaRx, just hope that it's enough to mitigate further damage? This is probably my favorite piece, so of course it's the first to show signs of distress. Ugh! ;Rage

MarkyMark_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I installed a 20 or 30 amp breaker for the tank, so it's on a separate circuit with gfci. I liked the AP700's, but the software and built in Wi-Fi are less than stellar. I would buy the AP9X or 360x's. Avoid the AP700 altogether, unless you find one real cheap. Depending on your tank size and shape, that will determine which light to choose?
Hey just a safety check, you installed proper size conductors from your panel to the receptacle when you changed the circuit breaker correct? Simply installing a larger breaker on a standard 15A branch circuit could lead to a fire

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back