JOIN&WIN - Q&A with Aquaforest

Aquaforest

View Badges
Reaction score
Guys, we're starting a brand new series here for you! :D Take part in our Questions & Answer thread. This time we'll discuss Aquaforest Probiotics. Feel free to ask any questions regarding this product line. From all the active users in the thread we'll choose two winners: one asking and one answering a question that will be rewarded with some Aquaforest extras! Q&A starts now and lasts 7 days - till 22nd January. Remember, that you can also ask us questions - we'll also gladly answer!
Blue Red Retro Photo General Twitch Banner (1).png

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Aquaforest has a lot of different products and I often hear about the Aquaforest system - where does someone start? Is it possible to mix and match Aquaforest with other products or does someone need to go "all in" to get the full benefits?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How does the probiotics salt actually work? What goes on in the tank in a microscopic level? How will this benefit my aquarium?

Afrost

View Badges
Reaction score
How far should I space out the abc dosing? I’m dosing 10ml of each twice daily an hour apart starting at midnight and noon. My tank is now cloudy

Worthy1

View Badges
Reaction score
How is a probiotic going to help my aquarium? Is it just to diversify the bacteria?
It will add to your systems bacteria to help reduce phosphates and nitrates and help stop pathogenic bacteria. This is critical for most systems these days since most start with dead rock/substrate. A lot of people dose bacteria these days so its a win to have it in a salt mix done as part of a water change

Meldrath

View Badges
Reaction score
It will add to your systems bacteria to help reduce phosphates and nitrates and help stop pathogenic bacteria. This is critical for most systems these days since most start with dead rock/substrate. A lot of people dose bacteria these days so its a win to have it in a salt mix done as part of a water change
Obviously a plus, any information on how they accomplish this along with any scientific process to back up their claim? I can't imagine salt being a hospitable environment for bacteria.

Worthy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Aquaforest has a lot of different products and I often hear about the Aquaforest system - where does someone start? Is it possible to mix and match Aquaforest with other products or does someone need to go "all in" to get the full benefits?
Depends what system you are referring to, when it comes to things like the Supplements and Microelements then it helps to get the same brand for that range to ensure it is all working together as intended. This goes for most companies that make those i.e red sea. You don't have to use everything a company offers though such as 'im using the supplements so I have to use their salts, carbon etc for it all to work'

Personally most of what I use is A.F since I really like their products. Once i run out of other products I will switch those over to A.F as well to test (or if they want to sponsor me :D )

Last edited by a moderator:

Worthy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Obviously a plus, any information on how they accomplish this along with any scientific process to back up their claim? I can't imagine salt being a hospitable environment for bacteria.
That I wouldn't be able to answer, hopefully they can chime in. Unfortunately most of the reefing products these days we have to take the word of the company that the product contains and does what it does. Most of the tests found for products are done by reefers themselves that happen to notice a change. Great for products where changes are noticeable...

Worthy1

View Badges
Reaction score
How far should I space out the abc dosing? I’m dosing 10ml of each twice daily an hour apart starting at midnight and noon. My tank is now cloudy
Its at least 5minutes between each component so an hour is more then enough. I thought they were to be dosed once a week, not daily. Unless your calcium consumption is calling for daily dosing of them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using aquaforest exclusively on one of my tanks almost two years and results show. I have had issues obtaining/accessing their salt at a reasonable cost as I don't have it available locally but know there are many benefits to using their salt along with the product line.

kapnkush608

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using aquaforest exclusively on one of my tanks almost two years and results show. I have had issues obtaining/accessing their salt at a reasonable cost as I don't have it available locally but know there are many benefits to using their salt along with the product line.
I know Illinois is far away but I know Sea Schor carries aquaforest products as well as uses aquaforest in all their maintenance accounts. Could be worth it to make the trip and buy in bulk. Possibly a couple other shops carry Aquaforest as well in the Milwaukee area. I'll talk to my boss and see which ones exactly. How much are you going through, what products do you use and what are your costs? PM me if you want, maybe a shop near you could start carrying Aquaforest products. What would be the cons of possibly starting a LLC and getting a resellers license to access wholesale pricing. If I remember correctly it only takes a couple hundred to get started here in WI. I could connect you with a local wholesaler then and possibly you could sell it in your area if no one else seems to.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This tank us a 93 cube so bucket lasts about 4 months

What do you LOVE most about the hobby?

• The Coral

Votes: 212 28.3%
  • The Fish

Votes: 128 17.1%
  • The Relationships

Votes: 28 3.7%
  • The Equipment

Votes: 19 2.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE

Votes: 336 44.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
http://www.marcorocks.com/
The IceCap Gyre is back and better than ever!