Joker Corals Comments

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
We know We aren't the Best but we willing to do better, but who doesn't make mistakes?

Tell us what do we do wrong or what's need to improve

left you comments below and have a chance to enter our end of year surprise gift raffle :p:p

Last edited:

stephj03

View Badges
Reaction score
Overall I thought this was a great sale. I liked it that it was shorter than most sales and full of premium corals.

I was also quite impressed with several of the Joker branded strains, but wasn't familiar with them. I think it would be great to post colony pics of them in the sale thread with a short description. This was there on a lot of the new release listings and would have been great for a few of the others.

Another thing that could make it better is a little more posting by Joker Corals staff right before and during the sale.

Even though it was posted at the beginning of the thread, it was a little confusing in the moment to figure out when corals had dropped, when the sale ended and when the aftersale began.

But compared to refreshing my screen every few min for 2-3 straight days, your sale was far superior.

Any live sale that lets me grab corals without missing Tee-Ball games is a 10/10 IMO.
Looking forward to the next one.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@stephj03 hit the nail on the head. The fact that it was very fast was incredibly appreciated. I think it's a fascinating format where you kind of have to stumble upon the deal which levels the playing field, but I can only imagine how exhilarating it would be if all of the corals were posted on the forum in batches with links to checkout.

The selection was absolutely top notch in diversity.

I will most definitely, 110% be participating in the next sale, and may or may not pick up a blowtorch or holy grail this time or next time depending on whether or not there's another round of aftersale discounts.

mdb_talon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure if this criticism helps lol, but personally i wont buy from "live sale" or time dropped vendors anymore. I now just buy from hobbyists or vendors that keep an inventory on site at reasonable prices. If they occassionally have a sale that is a true discount to what the price is 99% of the time even better.

CA Reefer 300G

View Badges
Reaction score
10/10 for the sale!

2 hours dropped everything so I no longer needed to wait a whole day to refresh even I’m driving.

I love seeing you guys posted lots of stable tank grown corals instead of those “last week still in the ocean” pieces. It ensured quality and pest free.

True sale prices & REAL discount deals not like some big name vendors overpriced everything then offer discounts. I’d say 50%+ of the corals are even cheaper than r2r hobbyist prices.
Rare stuffs at reasonable prices as well.

$19.99 shipping is kinda the lowest for live sale and also offered chance to join raffles at the same.

Thanks for the sale! Looking forward to the next one!

stephj03

View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure if this criticism helps lol, but personally i wont buy from "live sale" or time dropped vendors anymore. I now just buy from hobbyists or vendors that keep an inventory on site at reasonable prices. If they occassionally have a sale that is a true discount to what the price is 99% of the time even better.

You might have liked this one then. Pretty much everything went on sale within an hour without any high pressure posting like on other sales.

I would def count this as "occasionally" having a sale, looks like it's been almost 6mo since they did one.

I agree about pricing, I disregard list price for everything anymore.

Especially if collector corals aren't your thing.
Prob the wrong vendor if you're into more common stuff.

But if you are, a $250 Jolt shipped for $20 is a solid deal.

CA Reefer 300G

View Badges
Reaction score
You might have liked this one then. Pretty much everything went on sale within an hour without any high pressure posting like on other sales.

I would def count this as "occasionally" having a sale, looks like it's been almost 6mo since they did one.

I agree about pricing, I disregard list price for everything anymore.

Especially if collector corals aren't your thing.
Prob the wrong vendor if you're into more common stuff.

But if you are, a $250 Jolt shipped for $20 is a solid deal.
Agreed. I bought this Jolt for only $230..... even cheaper than r2r price for this size....

Attachments

• 63F1605E-A9AC-491F-91CF-9F1EEA384DF2.png
    63F1605E-A9AC-491F-91CF-9F1EEA384DF2.png
    457.3 KB · Views: 79

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
As stated above, colony pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Also picture of colonies and frags in different lighting would help. I tend not to buy corals that is taken in super blue light with high saturation.

saltgogi

View Badges
Reaction score
I got a rainbow splice from them a while back but was through dm on R2R. Quality corals for reasonable price. It wasn't one of those 1 inch yellow sticks that would take years to grow. The splice was small but had a good amount of red in it. I think the quality of the coral goes a very long way even if i have to pay a bit more. I was looking at the powerball but had spent way too much recently on other live sales. I will be following joker corals more closely now!

Also it may have been just me but was there a post about the aftersale discount?

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got a rainbow splice from them a while back but was through dm on R2R. Quality corals for reasonable price. It wasn't one of those 1 inch yellow sticks that would take years to grow. The splice was small but had a good amount of red in it. I think the quality of the coral goes a very long way even if i have to pay a bit more. I was looking at the powerball but had spent way too much recently on other live sales. I will be following joker corals more closely now!

Also it may have been just me but was there a post about the aftersale discount?
It was posted on Sunday with the help of @CA Reefer 300G . I believe the team at Joker corals was slammed.

On another note, I was expecting announcement for the winner of a gift card ($200) based off of a facebook post but I cannot confirm I saw a winner posted yet.

"We will announce the winner on 4.24 by 10:00 in the morning so the lucky winner can instantly use this gift card for our live sale!!!"

^^ Disregard, I saw that it was expected to be sent by email so it's not public

OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
1619567817334.png

1619567833267.png
I post the colony pictures with each frag that is on the website, I guess yall don't have time to go over it during the sales. will post more colony pictures here then.

OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score

didn't have a chance to post up aftersale discount. only send it through the email system, I'm trying to keep up all this but only me that's working @Jason sun helps me out sometimes but he's only part-time.

Would you use biomedia in your reef?

• Yes! In fact, I already do! (Tell us which biomedia you use and share your experience in the thread)

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Yes. I would try it. Seems like a good method for nutrient control.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I dunno... I'm still thinking about it, but I have questions. (Post your questions and we'll help!)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No. I don't like it. I use other methods. (Share in the thread)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • No. I tried it, and my results weren't what I wanted. (Please share your experience with us.)

Votes: 1 2.3%
Industrial Test Systems, Inc.