OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more recent shots since the trident got things in balance

EC2686DE-1FD5-4B12-9855-435961AFFEAB.jpeg 53E085DA-DEF7-4C19-8854-AC3CCE0A4C08.jpeg

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the opportunity to see the tank recently, forum pics just can't do this tank justice. The height makes for somewhat more difficult maintenance but I agree with jo, it's worth it. Corals look super healthy, nice fish room, well done!

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Struggling a bit. The shark as I knew would happen didn't last hours in our tank and sadly perished, this is why I wanted nothing to do with sharks as previously stated. But my friend needed it re homed, and sadly I failed to do that properly. Additionally I have been having issues with some coral die off, Largely the tank looks great, I am trying to stabilize putting my calcium reactor back online, and a chromium trace element that I cant seem to find the cause of. That being said the tank is generally very good. Been some changes. Will post some photos when I take some. I do not work from home so unfortunately the COVID crap has made it more difficult for me to spend the time I want to on my tank, and I am just so exhausted from it that I haven't been paying that much attention. Regardless Updated photos will come soon! hope everyone is well!~

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever locate where the trace chromium was coming from? Also love your heat exchanger idea. I think I might have to follow suit and replace my heaters with something like this. Sounds like it worked out pretty good for you saving money too!

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, I have never been any good at forums as you can see here! Ha. little update because I have a minute. Tank is doing well despite triton telling me otherwise... Learning to take some of these icps with a grain of salt. Biggest thing is that I finally broke down and bought a ABYZZ and let me tell you. I wish i hadnt waited. you can see my review of the pump https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/a400-3m-dc-controllable-pump-abyzz.html it is amazing! I need say no more. here is a couple shots. other than that my recent discovery of TSM aquatics pre conditioned fish and they are great!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2144.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2144.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 99
  • thumbnail_IMG_1570.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1570.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 99
  • thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 98

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back