Jordan Mowbray's 120 Gallon ULM Tank Series!

JordanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to make a update/build thread for my 120 gallon ULM tank. Most of the things i post about this tank will be update videos which I will also post here but I will also talk about some of the ways I have made this tank ULM. A very important thing to note is that this tank does not have a sump and therefore no fuge. It is running off of a canister filter with some modifications I have made to optimize nitrate removal. The setup of this tank can be found in episode 2 of my ULM series.

Tank started off looking like this about a year ago:
FullSizeR (5).jpg

Aquascape was how I wanted it at the time as I was thinking of making this tank more Zoas/LPS. That changed and now I am going for a more SPS dominant mixed reef tank. This tank was cycled with a dead shrimp for two months before any additions were made to it.
This was the first piece I added to the tank which is a statement rock covered in Green Star Polyp secluded from everything else so that it will not take over the tank.
FullSizeR (6).jpg

The livestock was my next decision to make. I knew that i wanted many tangs all added at about the same time so that they would get along with each other in this new environment. I also knew that I wanted a Long Horn Cowfish. This decision was made after much research and I will cover this in a future video. Let me introduce you guys to Cheddar for the first time (I will cover how he was named in a future video as well):
FullSizeR (7).jpg

The tank continued to grow and change over the coming months as I added certain pieces and then removed them as this was not the look i was going for.
FullSizeR (8).jpg

I also added more rock to the center of the tank in the transfer of my desires to a SPS dominant tank.
Now at the point of about 10 months since the tank has been setup everything is looking better then ever and starting to really take off. I have added and removed equipment along the way which I will also address in a future video. The tank is running simpler then ever before and I could not be more happy with how things have turned out. You can now notice all of the SPS frags in the center of the tank.
IMG_4604.jpg

I will post the series of videos from my youtube channel I have completed so far and continue to update this thread with future videos and relevant information. Feel free to ask me any questions and I may just answer your question in one of my future videos.

FullSizeR (6).jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks beautiful Jordan and thanks for sharing the pictures with us, very nice indeed!

I really like the rock work

OP
OP
J

JordanM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update video where I discuss my ICP results after no water changes in over 10 months and what equipment I have changed on this tank to make it simpler then ever.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back