0   0   0
71E875C9-5FF0-4C0E-A388-8D4CE4426B71.jpeg

My other baby.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Thanks! It’s come a long way. Several changes. I’ll post some updates today when I get good pictures.
I’m confused as to why this thread hasn’t gotten more attention. What officially came with the tank? The website is abnormally vague and the woman I spoke to on the phone wasn’t exactly the friendliest.

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SC. I think there are different packages available. What I got was the tank with center overflow, wet side plumbing (which I used mostly), some flexible dry side plumbing which I did not use, 3 bulkheads (ABS), and a crappy leveling film which I threw away... I used a yoga mat per their recommendation.

I purchased separately an overflow box cover which is perfect for the area and is notched out for the return T.... you will want that. I also did all the dry plumbing separate and used different sump etc......

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I’m running 3 XR 15s gen 4.... if I could go back in time and run hydras I would though... superior light and company IMO. I also run a simple sicce silent 4.0 return pump now instead of a vectra. I prefer the inexpensive sicce 100%. Perfect pump for my setup. I also run a sicce in my mixing station. AC pump in my sump is mandatory going forward.

OP
OP
Tiki Reef Joshua

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Updates:

Some equipment has been replaced since the initial build. The first thing that got “upgraded” was my AI pucks to Gen 4 XR15 Radions. I wish I would have bought Hydras, but.... these will do for now. They will, however, be the last ecotech product I ever run.

I have also started running a Sicce Silent 4.0 AC pump as my return. This replaced my M1 Vectra that died just out of warranty. I’m Extremely happy with the Sicce. Definitely a better option for the way I run a tank. Dead quiet and totally reliable. I love it. I get the perfect amount of flow.

Also replaced, were my Maxpect Gyres. One of them was losing power, and the other was rusting into my tank from a failed magnet casing in the motor shaft. This also made it very loud. I wasn’t a fan anyway, so I went with the Red Sea Reefwaves. Well, I’m not a huge fan of them so far but after endless tinkering I believe I have gotten them dialed in. I may have rushed to judgment so I’m going to stew on them a while. The magnets are terrible, which is a problem, but they seem more consistent and easier to use than the Maxpect Gyres.
80C9158B-2185-4C7D-B418-9AF8792C2E18.jpeg

20F3D4AD-B6D6-4551-9969-2145A474F875.jpeg

53FD8AF4-D85F-465F-A4D1-57AB7B1F912C.jpeg

So that’s it. Running strong right now. I did a bunch of rearranging so I will post some new tank shots tomorrow probably.

mahalo!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back