TheJuice24's Fish Room

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s been a long time coming since day 1 of my reefing career. My first upgrade! Going to building a 80g peninsula build this winter with a deep blue I picked rather cheap. Wish me Luck!

Day 1 stand build:

023983ceda131e36eb5ca2ff229e8354.heic
9b63734862c8cedf06fcce5214720fa7.heic
IMG_0264.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following for sure...I love me a peninsula tank. Good luck with the build. What's your plans for skinning?

OP
OP
thejuice24

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. For the skin I am thinking of doing something with recycled pallet wood. The tank is located in my corner of man town in the basement. So a rough look will would match the cement.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. For the skin I am thinking of doing something with recycled pallet wood. The tank is located in my corner of man town in the basement. So a rough look will would match the cement.

Love that idea. I'm not about to post pictures in your build thread, but if you'd like to see a sample of a pallet wood stand, click the link in my signature block for the mobile QT/Frag System. May give you some ideas...lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

OP
OP
thejuice24

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the pallet wood idea, are u going to use the apex on this tank?

You know it man!

Thinking about putting it right in the front with some acrylic glass in front maybe line it with some LEDs. We shall see...

I sent you a pm, to see if you had that pump for sale!

OP
OP
thejuice24

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that idea. I'm not about to post pictures in your build thread, but if you'd like to see a sample of a pallet wood stand, click the link in my signature block for the mobile QT/Frag System. May give you some ideas...lol.

Owe wow @dbl ;Woot;Woot;Woot;Woot;Woot

You got some serious builds man! I will inspire, not to let you down with this build! Love the 20G QT. I've been running my first tank (mixed reef) out of a 20G Long with a 20G Long Sump.

OP
OP
thejuice24

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so been doing some planning, pondering and dealing with flatworms in my frag tank. The past week :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Couple discussion points and would value some opinions:

I originally thought I was going to do a 40 gallon breeder frag tank, so I bought some of the equipment back in late November. I have a small eshopps internal overflow kit (600 GPH). Should that be enough tank turnover, from a sump perspective. I am on a family friendly budget so, I will be going with some lower circulation pumps (Jebao) connected to my apex. Since I bought on amazon technically I could still return an upgrade for less than $20. Just not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Would it be ok to drill the overflow and return line bulk heads on the same end panel or would it create to much stress on the glass and crack it. Reading @dbl 20 frag tank thread, has now got me biting my nails. This week will likely be the only weekend from now til June which will be above freezing, so I'd like drill the tank this weekend if at all possible,

Found a 2 inch surgace scratch on the inner glass of the tank tonight, anyone have any tips on how buff it out? I read that cotton cloth and a metal cleaner will buff it out. Has anyone ever tried this method?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can definitely have the overflow and returns on the same end. Just don't try to drill them too close together. Holes should be at least the hole diameter away from the edges and 2x the hole diameter from another hole. The 600 gph overflow should be sufficient as you'll provide additional flow internally anyway.

No experience with scratch removal, but you may not even see it when it's full. Let me rephrase that...you'll always see it because you know it's there, but others may not...lol.

OP
OP
thejuice24

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been a while with no update and I apologize for that. Personal family matters had to be put on the forefront. However, here is the build update. Tank is up and running going through a 8-week cycle before adding fish. My fish have been in QT for about 8-weeks already, but I decided to do one more round of Prazipro, Hypo Salinity and Cupramine. I want this tank to be clean and remain clean. I've had a good amount of learning over the first 18 months of my career in this hobby.

So now I will hit the thread with about 7 months of photo updates at once.

Back