Jumped to Red Sea 170 from Fluval Evo 13.5

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made the move over the weekend to a larger tank. Fish seem really happy and have a few coral started. Actually had some great SPS growth in the Fluval on the birdsnest at the top with the LPS and softies at the bottom. Just wanted another fish so had to upgrade.

Red Sea Reefer 170
Red Sea Wavemaker 25
Red Sea Reef LED 50

Sump is chaeto with filter and switched to an AutoAqua ATO.

2 Clowns (black and orange)
1 orchid dottyback
1 tailspot blenny
1 yellow watchman goby

Various snails
1 blue legged hermit

20210121_084345.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice

Floreeef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of doing the same thing as well. I am stuck between the Red Sea 170 or 250. Right now in my Evo I have a 2 clown fish, mandarin goby, 2 blue leg hermits, 6 various snails. Green and pink hammer head coral, and pulsing zenias and a really big anemone. The anemone tripled in size in in 3 months and is pretty much a 1/4 of my tank now. This is why I am looking to upgrade to a bigger tank. Any issues that you ran thru in the upgrade?

I like the scaping in your tank.

OP
OP
L

Llg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Only issue I had was having to go back through the ugly stage again. Ended up with dinos about 6 weeks ago when I used vibrant to try to clear it up. Fish are happy and my softies and LPS are doing well. Dinos took out my SPS, so I am going to wait a bit to start over on those, but the Duncan, acans and the blastos are growing like crazy. I used the Redsea wavemaker and led light. I like both. I converted the sump with a refugium in the main part and placed a small skimmer in the back with the overflow piping. I did switch out the filter sock for a cup for now as I like to use filter floss and don't want to worry about cleaning socks at the moment.

We add a purple firefish and some more hermits and snails. Fish get a long great. Would love to add a mandarin someday. Just waiting for pods to get to be sufficient!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back