Jumper Protection for Canopy Covered Rimmed Tank

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone. I have a Planet Aquariums rimmed tank with a canopy. I am kinda at a loss for what to do when it comes to a screen top/lid to keep my fish from jumping when they get added. Curious to see what everyone came up with for their own tank. My tank has a euro brace on each side of the tank so it makes it more confusing for me. Picture is posted below. Please post pics if you can of what you did along with any advice. Thank you all

IMG_9630.jpg IMG_9631.jpg

OP
OP
GoTakeANap

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Onewolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do people avoid/prevent fish from jumping into the overflow/drain weir? I had to 'fish' my Midas Blenny out of there and it was no fun at all. There's about 1/2" between the top of the weir and the screen top.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do people avoid/prevent fish from jumping into the overflow/drain weir? I had to 'fish' my Midas Blenny out of there and it was no fun at all. There's about 1/2" between the top of the weir and the screen top.

On my old 60g cube, I just made a cover out of acrylic. It is the red half circle in this image:

OverflowCover-9720.jpg

OP
OP
GoTakeANap

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i got a cover made for mine. just slips right over the overflow.

OP
OP
GoTakeANap

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back