June club meeting on 6/17/17

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally got a date to go take a tour of Tidal Gardens outside of Akron Oh on Saturday the 17th. This will be the official June club meeting, we are scheduled to take the tour at 3 pm. The club will be paying for the tour fee. Since its a bit of a drive car pooling is recommended. Please post your interest to go so we can organize the car pooling. The facility has a both a picnic and indoor meeting areas ,so if we wanted we could bring snacks and beverages and socialize for a while after the tour.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so no one us planning on going?? Please post or pm so we can tell Tidal Gardens how many are coming and we can organize ride share.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also posted on the other thread.

Wieloch89, his wife, my wife, and I will be attending and probably carpooling.

Kevin

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in! I just suck and haven't been on

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Only 8 people are going, so meet at my place in Gibsonia, pa at 2 pm. Pm or email if u have any questions.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anybody who wants to go today, there is room for more - we are meeting at my place at 2 pm for ride sharing or at Tidal Gardens at 4 pm. Please get a hold of me if you are going to meet up at Tidal gardens. The Green house at Tidal Gardens (where they grow corals) will be very hot- figure mid 90's - so bring water and wear appropriate clothing.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO we had 9 people who did the June road trip club meeting to Tidal Gardens yesterday. What a cool place. Lots a frags , great info and personalized service.

Maybe next summer we can organized it better and get more people to go and take advantage of the really cool restored barn ( see video) . They have " live sales" online and if we timed out our visit right - we could all save on shipping anything we buy during the "live sale" and just pick it up.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I'm glad that it was a good time. Maybe next time we will do it in the winter, not while everyone is on vacation or doing Fathers Day weekend stuff. I just think there was too many other things going on in everyones lives than making it to this field trip.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winter wouldn't work for the barn. Timing was fine, the problem was there wasn't enough interest. There was plenty of advanced warning to plan around it. The interest wasn't there for most, but it was neat to see the operation and hear of future plans.

Here are a couple of my scores!

Screenshot_20170618-145321.png
20170618_143816.jpg

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely agree that fathers day weekend was a big part of it as well as it being the summer. I have no interest for stuff like this in the summer, have too much going on. I didn't make it because i have been there a bunch of times but my wife would have killed me if i blew a big chunk away of this fathers day weekend.

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm. I must be a crappy father... and son for that matter.

We always do something on Sunday for fathers day and mothers day. Have never gone away for the weekend.

No wonder my dad left.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started asking people when they wanted to go months ago - but got very little feedback. Next year we need to get more feedback so we can go with more people. Also best if we go a week after one of their "live sale" - then if any of us purchase anything in the live sale - you wont have to purchase any shipping - just pick up your purchase when we take the tour. Also , they have a great place to socialize ( refurbished barn) - so if we went in the evening - then maybe we could have a social event after wards - that might be nice. Either way - its a start - trying to get more people involved in the summer months - when the club is typically pretty inactive.

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Summer and winter are my slowest work seasons so I'll always be there ;Wacky

It wasn't a bad drive at all, everything we saw was beautiful and amazing quality too. Well worth the trip.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back