June Mega Livesale! Friday 6/7 and Saturday 6/8 with ARC + TCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have shipped or set up new shipping days with almost everyone. If you haven't heard from us or reached out, please shoot us an email. Thanks everyone, we will resume ship outs again Monday

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I just got my order. AH MAY ZING. Thank you guys you have a customer for life now. And Cle isn't but a 5 hr drive away so i may just take a road trip up one day.
Thanks again all really top notch goods.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMG I just got my order. AH MAY ZING. Thank you guys you have a customer for life now. And Cle isn't but a 5 hr drive away so i may just take a road trip up one day.
Thanks again all really top notch goods.

Haha i second this! I suppose im fortunate to live in Buffalo! I can swing by whenever i want!

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my Oregon blue tort and dark knight monti. Both arrived alive and appearing healthy. Nothing came off during dipping. Oregon tort is a really nice size for the price I paid. I am happy with my order, thank you.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else get a "yellow" hammer yet?

Just wanted to see if anyone else got their yellow hammer and could verify if what they got was indeed yellow, or just another green one.

I talked with Dan at TCK about it, and he forwarded the pics and info to ARC since it was their coral and picture, but they are still claiming it is yellow. Thoughts

What I purchased:
E5CFAEBD-BA98-4DCD-B51D-58573F4935FB.jpeg

The small one is the frag I received, next to my baby-yellow colony (green splatter hammer and GSP in background for color reference):
89CC5502-5A1B-4FAB-A3B2-6B28BB8FEB6C.jpeg

I was hoping to find a darker, deeper yellow than my colony. Instead I received a Plain Jane green hammer. Looking at the pic again it looks a bit on the green side, but was going off the description of being yellow and seeing it all by itself on the screen it looked pretty yellow. The rest of the corals were as-described, but this one was pretty disappointing.

Last edited:

gmneil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see if anyone else got their yellow hammer and could verify if what they got was indeed yellow, or just another green one.

I talked with Dan at TCK about it, and he forwarded the pics and info to ARC since it was their coral and picture, but they are still claiming it is yellow. Thoughts

What I purchased:

The small one is the frag I received, next to my baby-yellow colony (green splatter hammer and GSP in background for color reference):

I was hoping to find a darker, deeper yellow than my colony. Instead I received a Plain Jane green hammer. Looking at the pic again it looks a bit on the green side, but was going off the description of being yellow and seeing it all by itself on the screen it looked pretty yellow. The rest of the corals were as-described, but this one was pretty disappointing.

It looks like the picture they posted for sale, based on the picture you posted. in my opinion

Sean Szymanski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my package yesterday the packing was excellent at first I was a little disappointed I got refunded for the bob marley zoas and jack o lantern lepto and no free frag but then seen the 5 polyp utter chaos they gave me then disappointment went away very happy with my order and will def order again

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the picture they posted for sale, based on the picture you posted. in my opinion
Yeah, once I got them on the same screen and wasn't switching between photos on my phone, they do look similar. I think the ARC photo has hints of yellow in it, which to me is misleading. IMO, this has zero yellow pigmentation in it, and should not be labeled as such...especially when truly yellow hammers exist. I certainly would not have spent the $ I did on this frag if I knew it was just a plain green hammer as those can be had everywhere for $10-15 per head at most.

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my package yesterday the packing was excellent at first I was a little disappointed I got refunded for the bob marley zoas and jack o lantern lepto and no free frag but then seen the 5 polyp utter chaos they gave me then disappointment went away very happy with my order and will def order again
PM sent

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What I purchased:

Sorry your not fully satisfied with the hammer. It was actually the head on the underside of the colony and was shaded. After cutting up the colony we labeled that one Darker and put a lower price tag of it. Give it some time and it will get brighter. Here is a photo of the holding tray holding its siblings all cut from the same colony. The others have a little more of that yellow coloration. Look at the green torches on the back part of the tray for a yellow to green comparison. You'll find your piece in the middle. It's darker but will color up now that it's brothers and sisters are not shading him.
IMG_8136.jpg

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your not fully satisfied with the hammer. It was actually the head on the underside of the colony and was shaded. After cutting up the colony we labeled that one Darker and put a lower price tag of it. Give it some time and it will get brighter. Here is a photo of the holding tray holding its siblings all cut from the same colony. The others have a little more of that yellow coloration. Look at the green torches on the back part of the tray for a yellow to green comparison. You'll find your piece in the middle. It's darker but will color up now that it's brothers and sisters are not shading him.
IMG_8136.jpg

Thanks, but even those don't look yellow to me. I think it was $50 or $60 for the head, which is quite a lot for a green hammer. If you see the pic I posted, that is a yellow hammer. It just has pale stalks, so I was hoping to get one that had more yellow throughout and not just on the tips.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back