Just a little FYI about ATK and sensors

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured I would throw this out there since it drove me nuts for a little bit and maybe it can help someone that may have the same symptom I was having. I installed my Neptune ATK which is close to my Skimmer overflow. In my skimmer overflow I have a float sensor that triggers my alarm and shuts off skimmer so it does not overflow. I noticed that my float sensor kept triggering my alarm and turning my skimmer off. Well after pulling the sensor out to make sure it wasn’t stuck the alarm would turn off and all was fine. Figuring it was maybe a wire I put skimmer overflow back in place and started messing with my BOB and wiring. Well once I put everything back it triggered my alarm again. Turns out the Neptune magnet was strong enough to trigger the float sensor and turn off my skimmer. I ended up having to move skimmer overflow further away from ATK magnet since the magnet was the culprit. I even tried putting wood in between the magnet and my overflow box and it still triggered an alarm. Oh well figured I would share just in case anyone else is having similar issue.

E96D79DA-2CA8-40C0-88B2-FCA1C2C8E1D5.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm..... That is interesting. I wonder how common of an issue that is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back