Just a quick praise for the DC line of DOC skimmers

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop some quick praise for the DC versions of the DOC skimmers. I have run a smorgasbord of AIO in tank skimmers, and have never found these smaller skimmers to be satisfactory. I was convinced that the only way to have a decent skimmer in a small package was with an airstone. I have run the original DOC skimmers, and they were good. But I didn't think regulating the skimmer via airline valve alone was effective enough. The DC version is a game changer. I've been running the 9004 DC version for a while now on my smaller reef, and it is simply fantastic. It is consistent, and I can skim dry or wet with a simple turn of a knob on the controller. Props to Tunze for continuous improvements on their products.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Many years ago I did not care for a lot of their gear. It just seemed odd in some way. Old fashioned. Several years ago I became a convert after wasting too much money on items that did not work or broke after a short time. Tunze for the win. Their gear just keeps chugging along.

Quietman

View Badges
Reaction score
Agree...loving my 9410DC DOC. It's simple in appearance but you can tell alot of engineering went into it. No fancy diffusers, no conical shaped anything, just a very solid design. Adjustable externally, no height adjustment, no valve tuning, it just flat out works like it should and as advertised. Not to mention it's size range can grow with your hobby. Not sure why they're not featured more often in the videos.

90's reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 9410dc on my 120 and a 9410 on my 45 frag tank.
If you never ran one you are missing out.
Plug it in turn it on and it just flat out skims.
All I do is clean the cup once a week. And buy the way it is the easiest skimmer cup out there to remove and clean.
Thanks Tunze for an awesome product.

Will you be participating in Secret Santa 2019?

• Yep! Count me in! (Be sure to register in the thread)

Votes: 141 61.0%
  • Not this year

Votes: 75 32.5%
  • I hope to, but I'm not located in the USA (Please be sure to PM Santa Claus about this issue)

Votes: 15 6.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors