Just a quick praise for the DC line of DOC skimmers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to drop some quick praise for the DC versions of the DOC skimmers. I have run a smorgasbord of AIO in tank skimmers, and have never found these smaller skimmers to be satisfactory. I was convinced that the only way to have a decent skimmer in a small package was with an airstone. I have run the original DOC skimmers, and they were good. But I didn't think regulating the skimmer via airline valve alone was effective enough. The DC version is a game changer. I've been running the 9004 DC version for a while now on my smaller reef, and it is simply fantastic. It is consistent, and I can skim dry or wet with a simple turn of a knob on the controller. Props to Tunze for continuous improvements on their products.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I did not care for a lot of their gear. It just seemed odd in some way. Old fashioned. Several years ago I became a convert after wasting too much money on items that did not work or broke after a short time. Tunze for the win. Their gear just keeps chugging along.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree...loving my 9410DC DOC. It's simple in appearance but you can tell alot of engineering went into it. No fancy diffusers, no conical shaped anything, just a very solid design. Adjustable externally, no height adjustment, no valve tuning, it just flat out works like it should and as advertised. Not to mention it's size range can grow with your hobby. Not sure why they're not featured more often in the videos.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 9410dc on my 120 and a 9410 on my 45 frag tank.
If you never ran one you are missing out.
Plug it in turn it on and it just flat out skims.
All I do is clean the cup once a week. And buy the way it is the easiest skimmer cup out there to remove and clean.
Thanks Tunze for an awesome product.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been loving Tunze gear since it was brown! I wish they'd make a 9405 for smaller tanks with sumps.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unfortunately, it is expensive as there is a lot of hand labor and parts, and so the cheaper solution is just a partition in sump so you can use a regular 9004.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back