Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a couple things but tangs didn’t care for them. I will have to hunt down Caulerpa. That is the stuff that looks like a fern?

(Spelling) the one you want is C brachypuss, it is the invasive one, pop it in the sump, if an odd piece falls off and takes over your tank you have very lazy tangs! ;)

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 thanks for stopping by my thread. I just finished going through yours. Wow. What an amazing tank and detailed journey. Feel very sad for your Goni, it was definitely a showstopper. Definitely following you now. I love the colors on your fish! (Even the meanie ones :) ) you have a great eye for colors and attention to detail.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 thanks for stopping by my thread. I just finished going through yours. Wow. What an amazing tank and detailed journey. Feel very sad for your Goni, it was definitely a showstopper. Definitely following you now. I love the colors on your fish! (Even the meanie ones :) ) you have a great eye for colors and attention to detail.
Thank you for going through my build thread. It was a busy day for you lol.
I appreciate the kind words. I try and document the good and the bad. I have had many hard times with fish but now understanding the problems I had.
I love difrent shapes and colors for fish and coral. In everyday life I’m more basic and dark shades. Reef tank let’s me have fun with the rainbow of color.

I don’t have much spare time but will slowly pick through your thread.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the divider is back up. The restart isn’t restarting. Tried to keep borbs and tried to trap. Time has come to pull the rock and go swimming for borbs. Love ya borbs but your big bottom must go.

Glass and lid is covered in saltwater and potters tail is dragging sand While breathing heavy. When I’m not around borbs other personality comes out. Didn’t take long for the potters to start cruising cautious and eating once I separated t fish. Should make a full recovery

Not sure why a leopard wouldn’t hit the sand for a nap if it was that stressed.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don that stinks what shoulda coulda woulda worked just misses for you. :( Borbs hung around with too many bad influences it seems so dorky bud

Bummed giving up my favorite fish yes.

Completely over removing all rock and chasing a fish around the tank filter yes.

Absolutely excited to finally do this and move on. Most definitely

Now we look for CBB and a replacement for mimic tang. Yup let’s get that one over with. Starting from the bottom.
Tomini stays. Greatest fish ever but after removing the queens tomini may need a time out.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummed giving up my favorite fish yes.

Completely over removing all rock and chasing a fish around the tank filter yes.

Absolutely excited to finally do this and move on. Most definitely

Now we look for CBB and a replacement for mimic tang. Yup let’s get that one over with. Starting from the bottom.
Tomini stays. Greatest fish ever but after removing the queens tomini may need a time out.
Some things are just not meant in our reefs bud. Glad to hear u will soon find relief with bully borbs out of the equation. Balancing wrasses is headache enough. Cheers bub. Better times ahead.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some things are just not meant in our reefs bud. Glad to hear u will soon find relief with bully borbs out of the equation. Balancing wrasses is headache enough. Cheers bub. Better times ahead.
Sometimes I wonder if it’s my music choice. My mom played classical and her animals are graceful. I play crunchy metal with some punk and mine are filters.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I wonder if it’s my music choice. My mom played classical and her animals are graceful. I play crunchy metal with some punk and mine are filters.
Filter em all donnayyyy!

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday morning Drink ice tea and eat donuts while fish wake up. Removed rock from left side of tank leaving wrasse and clowns on right. . Add second eggcrate with mimic and borbs in small area while Tomini stayed away. Used a net while borbs layed on sandbed and back wall then dropped borbs of at lfs Took the time to clean the sand bed while rock was removed. Now to finally finalize left side tank rockscape. After playing and stressing fish I gave up and piled the rock in a pile to stay wet for another day.
6DFDD05C-11CD-4F42-A458-6F79CA8F65CB.jpeg

CA502078-0BB5-4E73-8856-CCE1AA7CEC39.jpeg

Haven’t seen 2 emerald crabs and cleaner shrimp. They may turn up.
Radiant wrasse has a few cuts. I believe he got hung up in the eggcrate. When I washed the eggcrate I did see something stuck like fish flesh. He is swimming and eating as always. I’ll watch and use selcon for now.

Broke biggest sps at the base and a few branches. Glied to new frag plug and will watch.
E1AE9EF4-97A1-4D29-AAC8-80E9CDA82F75.jpeg

So far everyone is swimming and minding their own business. Potters is enjoying the freedom and eating like a pig.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet that frag takes off don.
Thanks for the support unlike others around here. Ray
I think it will be ok. If not I’ll frag it. It seems hardy

Why? Is he overnighting it to someone? Badabing!
Don’t come and and whine on my thread because Rich only thumbs up your post. You did it to yourself.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to feel like a big girl. Comes out of the anemone for tasty treats and not scared to nudge the big dogs.
Who doesn’t love the wiggle of a clowns botton
A251F710-8CA9-462B-BF84-34443A7644C6.jpeg
It is amazingly cute on such a meaner fish. Well, they dont get mean until they mate up and start laying eggs. And their mean is really pretty tame in the scheme of things. But it is funny that they wiggle. Ya know what I mean. Need more tea.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is amazingly cute on such a meaner fish. Well, they dont get mean until they mate up and start laying eggs. And their mean is really pretty tame in the scheme of things. But it is funny that they wiggle. Ya know what I mean. Need more tea.
Past week she has been acting little different hope it’s because my little baby is getting to the age of laying eggs. She is still a sweetheart compared to most clowns.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Past week she has been acting little different hope it’s because my little baby is getting to the age of laying eggs. She is still a sweetheart compared to most clowns.
Mine showed spawning behavior for almost a year before actually laying a clutch. Hope all the misfits end up with a breeding pair of their own. Its amazing to see them tirelessly slave over what appears to be a squeaky clean nesting spot. Their lips turn white from their ocd cleaning. Awesome feeling watching the real deal unfold.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back