Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray I don't think possum wrasse do that like others but I could be wrong. I hear my Mel do it sometimes but no water on the floor as of yet ;)
He wants to I see it in his eyes but he fears Raege in da Cage

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a leopard. I just wanna make sure it will play well with my little guys.
I think a leopard would be a good choice. But I haven’t had much luck with wrasse so far

@Scurvy Lineatus had no interest in eating again. But noticed he is missing a good size piece of the back of the dorsal fin.
Is it safe to say the tangs are not the main problem?
He seemed to stay away from PBT and the Borbonius gave him a push for no reason.
The pintail leaves him alone so I don’t think it was revenge

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the missing chunk new since last pic? Didn’t see damage in that one. And chance of getting him separated out for a bit maybe the sump to get him eating ? Stress from catch and move may be to much but if you think he’s on his way out .... hope he improves bud beauty of a fish

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the missing chunk new since last pic? Didn’t see damage in that one. And chance of getting him separated out for a bit maybe the sump to get him eating ? Stress from catch and move may be to much but if you think he’s on his way out .... hope he improves bud beauty of a fish
Not sure. Yesterday I thought the dorsal looked odd but he is holding it weird so hard to tell. I think it was damage but not sure.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Yesterday I thought the dorsal looked odd but he is holding it weird so hard to tell. I think it was damage but not sure.
Don’t think I can catch him and not eating I can’t trap him.

He Doesn’t want me around so hard to grab a picture.
top back part of dorsal missing. Never mind the photo bomber
870B8BDA-AE3C-487C-A079-90D6A288873D.jpeg

this is before and you can see the hook the dorsal has on the back part
171386EC-E4A8-45BF-AF19-27C3DC569324.jpeg

I have seen him touch the power heads and last week he tried to get stuck food from one on the exit side but almost got chopped up. It woke him up and he left them alone since that I saw.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant say I see anything but Id just continue to monitor it. Hopefully he’s just nursing his wounds and improves over time.
If you see a decline or can capture what youre seeing we’ll get some better medical eyes on it.

Trying to catch him will only add stress in the short term But might be worth getting the trap in the tank now. If you get lucky then make an alternative decision.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used TMP but I know many do. What is it about the product that so many reefers like it?
For me its consistency, purity and how quick and clean it mixes coupled with it being in my wheelhouse numbers wise. I also like Red Sea Blue bucket a lot but the TMP is cleaner.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant say I see anything but Id just continue to monitor it. Hopefully he’s just nursing his wounds and improves over time.
If you see a decline or can capture what youre seeing we’ll get some better medical eyes on it.

Trying to catch him will only add stress in the short term But might be worth getting the trap in the tank now. If you get lucky then make an alternative decision.
Doh never thought putting trap in and seeing if he goes in. I will do that.

I've never used TMP but I know many do. What is it about the product that so many reefers like it?
Why I switched was for my head. I had a few things happening and wanted to know for sure It wasn't salt related. it is very clean being pharmaceutical, leaves mixing barrels clean and stores stable were some bonuses.

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For myself I like how easily it mixes and using the probiotics I think has helped the overall health of my fish and coral being pharma quality is reassuring as well

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh never thought putting trap in
Pop a PvC fitting in there too. Maybe he’ll seek shelter and you get lucky. Start feeding/baiting to ket them get comfortable with it in their space but dont kill yourself trying unless you need to.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pop a PvC fitting in there too. Maybe he’ll seek shelter and you get lucky. Start feeding/baiting to ket them get comfortable with it in their space but dont kill yourself trying unless you need to.
Got the pvc in hopes he felt safe and would go. I’m catching on.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back