Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy that the male clown killed the crab. Psycho clowns!
I’m fairly certain there are no sane clowns only those who haven’t been caught going psycho. Wish I had video of ours tail slapping a little guy into its nem to be eaten something wild to see nature doing it’s thing

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don sry bout your Goni I it was gorgeous.
Thank you. We all have it and some more then others.

Crazy that the male clown killed the crab. Psycho clowns!
My babies are very sweet. They won’t bother anyone or me except the crab lol
How are you and the family? It’s been forever and need to get over to your thread to catch up.

I’m fairly certain there are no sane clowns only those who haven’t been caught going psycho. Wish I had video of ours tail slapping a little guy into its nem to be eaten something wild to see nature doing it’s thing
That is one crazy clown. Not something I would want to witness but what an education on the oceans cycle of life.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am well. Family is well. :) Social distancing is starting to get hard on the kids but we are ok.
Great to hear. Social distances must be hard on the kids I couldn’t imagine my parents trying to keep me away from friends.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear. Social distances must be hard on the kids I couldn’t imagine my parents trying to keep me away from friends.
That is exactly it. I work on the Covid Unit. I can not have kids in and out of our house or my kids in and out of anyone elses house. They have each chosen to spend time with girlfriends. We are ok with that. It has helped a lot.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly it. I work on the Covid Unit. I can not have kids in and out of our house or my kids in and out of anyone elses house. They have each chosen to spend time with girlfriends. We are ok with that. It has helped a lot.
Very nice to be able to have girlfriends to spend time with. You working really brings reality to the virus and how effects people in so many ways. Thank you for everything you do to help.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice to be able to have girlfriends to spend time with. You working really brings reality to the virus and how effects people in so many ways. Thank you for everything you do to help.
Thank you friend. You know, a teacher we know moonlights working in a crematorium and cemetery. He has been working 12-13 hours days 6 days a week for many weeks now. What does that tell you? And in ohio we are doing good.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you friend. You know, a teacher we know moonlights working in a crematorium and cemetery. He has been working 12-13 hours days 6 days a week for many weeks now. What does that tell you? And in ohio we are doing good.
It is very sickening to think about. The way things are now is not a good path. Hope for better days for everyone

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6351ECEC-3D63-4F80-BD62-0BDBB22873D2.gif

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends I had A busy weekend with tank. Finally got Few plate rock to finish rockscape but will have to wait until the anemones are removed. I also picked up a 20 gallon to move anemones over as I can. Then I can take my time removing anemones from the rock to rehome. Stared with the anemone island and replaces with one anemone for the clowns. Mama is not happy and the male can’t hide from her. Clowns swam deep in the anemone when I picked up the rock. Female jumped when she hit air and little digging to find the male. As I scooped the male up I figured he wanted to take his chances to get away from mama.

Damage to Duncan from anemones
AFD48FE6-1D63-402C-8404-3DCE76A3831E.jpeg

Anemones frowning in their new tank. Came home to the tank water at 75.
White spots to the left of rock are brittle stars haven’t seen them in a year and a half when i added them
19089673-5CFA-4E8A-A997-72F9C6392AC1.jpeg

Clowns temporary home while I find a difrent anemone and figure out rock work.
A8F57DE7-F690-40FF-8DB9-B62E131BF5BC.jpeg

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still blows my mind how prolific your nems are.
It’s the red hair. Others that had one from this batched had the same problem. Out the door they go. Sad but happy it is finally over. The island was a magical section on its own but it stayed to long.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that musta been less than fun. But the outcome... ;Woot

Im gonna miss the island, but i have a feeling it will return some day.
The battle isn’t over I have to remove two more from display and still need to get the nems off the rock to sell. They are not happy in the new tank so want to get them out sooner then later. I thought about moving the clowns with anemone and keep two tanks but it is more time and work then I have available

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The battle isn’t over I have to remove two more from display and still need to get the nems off the rock to sell. They are not happy in the new tank so want to get them out sooner then later. I thought about moving the clowns with anemone and keep two tanks but it is more time and work then I have available

John just dumped like 7 on an LFS at like 75 a pc. Any luck that route?

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John just dumped like 7 on an LFS at like 75 a pc. Any luck that route?
I have a place in Pennsylvania that will take them. Hope they don’t mind 16 at one time lol.
My normal LFS really don’t want them. He keeps the Colorado, black widows, and Chicago
The rose bring $50 - 60 around her so I would be happy with $25 - 30.
If it was easier to find homes I would keep one and sell all the splits but refuse to join FB to find buyers nor would I ship

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a place in Pennsylvania that will take them. Hope they don’t mind 16 at one time lol.
My normal LFS really don’t want them. He keeps the Colorado, black widows, and Chicago
The rose bring $50 - 60 around her so I would be happy with $25 - 30.
If it was easier to find homes I would keep one and sell all the splits but refuse to join FB to find buyers nor would I ship
Darn! It's a long drive from CA to NJ but I would LOVE one!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back