OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats for the new tank looks! looks your off with a great start!
Thank for stopping by. Some much to learn but I been learning from everyone here for the past year

The electronic cabinet looks great! I’ll be following along.
Thank you for the compliment. I am happy how it came out

Nice work on the electronic panel ! ! ! Looks great ! ! !
Hopefully the rest comes out as good has the panel. Thank you for stopping by

I’m happy for so many great people on R2R to make this possible. I will need so much help once the tank gets wet. I feel like I confuse my self the more I read about this hobby.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is close to my final rock work. I wanted minimalist rock for better flow and looks but also need many places for fish to call home. I don’t want rock or other products in my sump so tried to keep enough in the display. Then I ran into the problem of what looks good with a lot of coral don’t always look good with none. It’s a hard balance.
I will be glueing small pieces of rock for better over hangs and moving it around a little. It looks more open in person then the pictures.

Please give you advice I’m not scared of criticism just want it right.
And now for some picture
FE029FF2-6F21-4E78-BA67-6358E4EA90F0.jpeg
629BD114-EFEB-449E-95E9-7F309CCE5E21.jpeg
C95D9D6F-7BA9-485C-97DB-2B3313F652B1.jpeg

I have probably more then half of the rock left over. I order 100 pounds from Marco rocks so I had options.

magikfly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For biological filtration purposes you might want to place a couple of liters of seachem matrix or similar in the sump. That amount of rock will not be enough once the biological load starts growing

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks really good but the person to impress is yourself. If you are happy with it then it's set. If not, tweak it some more :)
Thanks. I agree but still like to hear opinions on it. I don’t want to set my self up for failure lol.

For biological filtration purposes you might want to place a couple of liters of seachem matrix or similar in the sump. That amount of rock will not be enough once the biological load starts growing
That is something I was scared of. Guess you can’t have it all. Thank you for the advice.

got same tank so must watch it!! hehee really want to see what corals and fish will be added.
so far so good!
Thanks for stoping by.
Do you have a build thread I can follow?
Not sure on fish. I like critters on the bottom but my fish list has critter eaters on it.

Following
Thanks for stoping in and for the follow!

Last edited:

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I agree but still like to hear opinions on it. I don’t want to set my self up for failure lol.

That is something I was scared of. Guess you can’t have it all. Thank you for the advice.

Thanks for stoping by.
Do you have a build thread I can follow?
Not sure on fish. I like critters on the bottom but my fish list has critter eaters on it.

Thanks for stoping in and for the follow!

unfortunately i never done it!

11EB1F9A-B33F-4B9A-A26D-34014424218B.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like enough rock for me. I know in the old days people went with 2 lbs. per gallon. I never did. I feel even as little as .50-.75 lbs. per gallon is sufficient for porous rock. If you have a heavy fish load, then perhaps you will find the need to add some to the sump some day.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NY_Caveman I tried to hit that ratio and think I’m there. My fish load will probably be heavy.
Would a refugium help in replacement of extra rock?
I don’t want one because space and one extra thing to deal with but not sure how to keep a health population of pods with out it.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NY_Caveman I tried to hit that ratio and think I’m there. My fish load will probably be heavy.
Would a refugium help in replacement of extra rock?
I don’t want one because space and one extra thing to deal with but not sure how to keep a health population of pods with out it.

A refugium has many benefits including nutrient removal, CO2/O2 exchange, home for pods, and possibly even benefits we do not fully understand. It is not required though and you can certainly get by without one.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is close to my final rock work. I wanted minimalist rock for better flow and looks but also need many places for fish to call home. I don’t want rock or other products in my sump so tried to keep enough in the display. Then I ran into the problem of what looks good with a lot of coral don’t always look good with none. It’s a hard balance.
I will be glueing small pieces of rock for better over hangs and moving it around a little. It looks more open in person then the pictures.

Please give you advice I’m not scared of criticism just want it right.
And now for some picture
FE029FF2-6F21-4E78-BA67-6358E4EA90F0.jpeg
629BD114-EFEB-449E-95E9-7F309CCE5E21.jpeg
C95D9D6F-7BA9-485C-97DB-2B3313F652B1.jpeg

I have probably more then half of the rock left over. I order 100 pounds from Marco rocks so I had options.
The tank and especially rock work looks stunning!

Very nice indeed and I can see lots of thought went into the design

Back